Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

La Perla coming to Preston

no avatar
User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

La Perla coming to Preston

by Gary Michael » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:52 am

La Perla de Pacifica is opening a second location at 4906 Preston in the space formerly occupied by La Guadalupe bakery and taqueria. I assume they will serve the same authentic Mexican seafood as the store way out Westport Road. It's a block north of Gilmore Lane or a couple of doors up from Pepper Shaker BBQ.

Just a couple of months ago I was complaining about the dearth of new and interesting lunch spots close to Waterson Towers. Suddenly we have La Perla, Seneba and Ernesto's. I will miss La Guadalupe. Owner was a real nice lady who served a good posole blanco.
no avatar
User

David H.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Pewee Valley

by David H. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:05 pm

My wife an I ate at the Goose Creek location for the first time last night. Even though we were the only Anglos in the restaurant, we felt very welcome. There was almost no language barrier as the server spoke very good English and the menu had many English descriptions along with pictures. The food, of course, was fantastic. I had the shrimp with garlic and Christi had the crab with chipotle sauce. We both shared a good-sized wedge of flan for dessert. I can definitely see us becoming regulars there. It's good to see that they are doing well enough to expand. I wish them luck in their new location.