Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Local Pizzerias

by Ron Taglieri » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Here is where I have to jump off the local chains are better than national chain bandwagon.

There is nothing I have ever seen in either Bearno's or Wicks pizza that merit it any better than your normal Papa Johns or Snappy Tomato.

In fact, the Wicks Goose Creek location has had some of the worst service/food I have experienced in Louisville area. Plus, I received inconsistent answers from staff on why they had a temporary C rating, which made me nervous

I agree that Bearno's always tastes like salt is the main ingredient.

That being said, Boombozz good example of why you should explore local pizzas. Creative ingredients, cooked correctly, solid service, and good atmosphere.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 pm

It is the truth...You are always complaining on any write up in the CJ....You find fault with everthing except your own.....It is like you are the only person in town that can write a PERFECT review.....If thats strike three so be it....It is easy to give it out...it is tuff to take it.... :shock:
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:38 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:o GOD Robin...It is just a fricken review....let it go...There are other people in this town that do that for a loving......I am sure none as PERFECT as you are all of the time...Let it go... :? :? :?

Trying for Strike Three, Robert?

Yes, it appears to be his mission in life.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:38 pm

robert szappanos wrote:It is the truth...You are always complaining on any write up in the CJ....You find fault with everthing except your own.....It is like you are the only person in town that can write a PERFECT review.....If thats strike three so be it....It is easy to give it out...it is tuff to take it.... :shock:

What's wrong with you?
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 am

The places that deliver to my address are Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa John's, and Bearno's. Bearno's wins that battle every time. It isn't even close.

That may be because the pizza comes from the original Bowman Field location. They are pretty consistent.

Also, I find that if I don't get sausage on the pizza at Bearno's it's a lot less salty.

When I go out for a pizza I usually go to Impellizzeri's or Clifton's, though.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Since Tony Boombazz opened on Hurstborne Parkway, they deliver to my house....yeah!!

We eat a Bearno's Pizza a couple times a year...a little goes a long way. I'll 2nd the thumbs down to Wick's on Goose Creek Road....not to our liking at all.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:21 pm

robert szappanos wrote:They should check the one on Westport Road...That is some bad pizza...lucky to get one star.....The good stuff...FastBreak in Crestwood and Steve O's in Buckner.... :D

One star? I don't see how it could even get that, its pizza is always bad and very inconsistent and we don't want to talk about cleanliness and wait staff attitude.
Ron Taglieri wrote:Here is where I have to jump off the local chains are better than national chain bandwagon.

There is nothing I have ever seen in either Bearno's or Wicks pizza that merit it any better than your normal Papa Johns or Snappy Tomato.

I'll see how you can put Papa John's or Snappy Tomato's pizza in the same category as Wick's. That's like comparing Equus to Outback or worse. The two chains you mentioned don't even have service unless you consider somebody throwing a box at you across the counter as service and as far as the actual pizza goes the painted cardboard certainly from these chains chains can't compare to the stacked high toppings at Wick's.

Admittedly there are some chains they have decent pizza but Papa John's that the and Snappy Tomato aren't in that category.
Last edited by Mark R. on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:21 pm

I am fine RON...How are you? :D
Previous