Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: A second location for W. W. Cousin's

by Rob Coffey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Rob Coffey wrote:Until now I had assumed it was part of a chain.

Huh.

Nope, it's always been a free-stander. However, it was started by a couple of Louisville guys who had been execs in the Fuddrucker's chain, and was a dead ringer for the original. I never understood why they didn't get sued, but I can say that now, because I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has run. :mrgreen:

I thought it was a chain running with the same idea as Fuddrucker's.

I dont think I would have eaten there any more or any less had I known, but its cool info to know.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Oopsie, we had a discussion on this back in August, and old dummy here completely forgot it. Apologies to Bryan Shepherd, who brought us the news a month and a half ago. :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21084

Wow....I get an apology and didn't even earn it! Being in the lighting industry, we often times get prints of new construction/renovations of new or existing businesses. Sometimes we sit on them for months or even years and sometimes the project breaks ground almost immediately. Almost every time there is a delay, you can blame it on the lawyers!! (not really, but it sounds good)
BShep
no avatar
User

RussB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Fern Creek

by RussB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:45 pm

The facebook page for WW Cousins was updated on Friday to say
New location 4113 Outer Loop.

Their website also says that the new location is "Now Open" - but I do not know when that one changed.
no avatar
User

StaceyBreckel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am

by StaceyBreckel » Sun May 04, 2014 4:30 pm

It has been open for a little while now. I live in Shepherdsville and am regularly out that way. There was never anything posted to the building to let anyone know that there was a grand opening really. Just one day I noticed that cars were there.
I've been twice to the new location. The only big difference I noticed was the lack of the small salad bar the other location has. As someone who had always gotten the salad, I was a bit disappointed. They do have a small side salad already prepared, though it is small and not worth the price they charge for it. The only topping was tomato. Otherwise, everything seems to be the same and is still good.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am

Is that bizarre faux "tree" decor still a part of the design "aesthetic?"
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Having lived where there was a Fuddruckers prior to moving to Louisville and eating there quite often I can tell you that IMO Fuddruckers is far superior to WW Cousins! WW Cousins has never impressed us with its food nor is décor, they just seem like a want to be compared to the original.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Previous