Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Pink Door

User

Ralph M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Louisville

Pink Door

by Ralph M » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:35 pm

I finally made it to Douglass Loop for the Pink Door--which has only been open for lunch since february.

Wow, this place is great! It has a wonderful, avant-garde vibe (kinda like 21C lite). 8) The people there are wonderful and the dishes are great.

I started with some piping hot, satly-chewy edamamme( sp? )
After that it was spicy pork over Rice. The ingredients were all meticulously fresh, and the apple/spice pot of tea was a nice accompaniment. I give the place a belated A+. The prices are quite moderate ($6-$7 range).
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:41 pm

The Pink Door is great!!! I love their tea selection.

Their service is kind of iffy though, on one occasion we waited for 10 minutes to be seated while the waitstaff just sat there and talked at the bar and another instance we waited for like 15 minutes for our orders to be taken after being seated and there were only 2 tables in the whole restaurant.

Granted, the first instance was during Bardstown Road Aglow, but the second instance had no special considerations attached to it.. I do love their food though and should really get back there and give them another chance.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm

We went there last week with the kids. Agree that it was delicious, healthy and reasonable. My kids really enjoyed it. Service WAS really slow, and it was a slow night! After our food arrived, the waiter sat at the bar and talked and didn't come to check back. We had consumed a pot of tea very quickly, he never asked if we needed more. Finally, we waved him down for water cause the curry broth was spicy. A little more attention to customers may be in line, but it was friendly and the atmosphere was cool.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:27 am

We ate there with a group of people tonight. I LOVE their Spicy pork with spicy noodles.

We were mostly pleased with everything. Service WAS a bit slow, but all in all, a nice experience. To be fair, there were 20 of us.
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Good

by Ned Weatherby » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:49 pm

I went with some work friends the other day and overall it was good the spicy pork did not really live up to its name I think but good nonetheless.
Good Eats