Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

James Beard dinner in Chicago

by David Lange » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:16 pm

This weekend I had the privilige of working at the James Beard Foundation's Taste Across America in Chicago. I thought I would share the menu with "foodie friends". It was really awesome.

AMUSE BOUCHE
Oyster with Horseradish Pearls- James Beard Foundation Chef Richard Blais

FIRST COURSE
Ivory Char Poached in Duck Fat, Apples, Onions- Richard Blais
Smoked Ivory Char, Apples,Dill ,Buttermilk, Pumpernickel- Andrew Zimmerman of Sepia

SECOND COURSE
Dry Potato Crusted Lake Fish, Plums, Ohio Cardoons- Jonathan Sawyer ofGreenhouse
Walleye Pike Toast, Chow Chow, Arugula, Piperade- Paul Virant of Vie & Perennial Vivant

THIRD COURSE
Pumpkin Gnocci with Guanciale- Tony Mantuano of Spiaggia, Bar Toma & Terzo Piano
Pork Belly, Butternut Squash Risotto Cake, Collard Sauce, Maitake Mushrooms, Spicy Pepitas- Chef Giuseppe Tentori of Boka, and GT Fish & Oyster

FOURTH COURSE
Cornman Farms Dry Aged Sirloin, Short Rib in Jus, Heirloom Potatoes, Cripy Waling Onions- Chef Alex Young of Zingerman's Roadhouse
Miso Corned Tri Tip. Fork-Crushed Heirloom Potato, Beef Dashi, Crispy Tendon- Chef Chris Pandel of Balena & The Bristol

FIFTH COURSE
Apricot Tarte Tatin with Salted Caramel Sauce and Chocolate Paint- Chef Gale Gand of Tru
Golden Sugar Apple, Brown ButterGastrique, Parsnip, Creme Fraiche ice Cream- Chef Patrick Fahy of Sixteen

TABLE SIDE COFFEE SERVICE
Royal Cup Coffee's H.C. Valentine Artisan Coffee- Signature Blend and Organic Inca Roast Decaf
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"