Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:45 pm

Sapporo's Sashimi Deluxe............just sit back and let Mr. Kim do his thing! Spicy scallop nigiri is hard to top as well.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:27 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
John R. wrote:Because I don't think Maido is up to snuff with Sapporo means that I might not like sushi or might not like it Tokyo style? I don't understand the reference to Tokyo? Is that the presumed origin....I hope you aren't implying that....or are you saying Maido is in tune with Tokyo? I love sushi and pretty confident that I could find some sushi in Japan that would appeal to my tastes.

No, John, maybe I just misread what you wrote. I took your comment, "I find their sushi dry and predictable but better than most places" to indicate that you haven't found much sushi you like anywhere.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I thought you might have meant that. :P
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:30 pm

Carolyne Davis wrote:For me, dining out is the total experience. It costs so much these days that I personally feel good food isn't enough. To the point, Maido and Sapporo are both excellent restaurants and very different restaurants. The food is reaaly good at Sapporo, but the atmosphere isn't my taste. I like both the atmosphere and the food at Maido, plus I love the music and the servers and the owners, etc, etc. That said, my favorite sushi at Maido is the Zesty Madness, which is only a special, I think. Very sad! It's not sushi, but I also LOVE the hamachi collar, the wasabi cream salmon and the grilled rice balls!

I very much prefer Maido's atmosphere over Sapporo's. I really don't like Sapporo's atmosphere I need blinders and ear muffs for that place.

I like the simple little crab purses from Maido. I can eat 50 of those things.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
User

R. N. Dominick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am

Louisville, KY

by R. N. Dominick » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:01 pm

At Sapporo, I really like the Crunch Munch roll, the spicy tuna roll and the Top Secret roll. Haven't been to Maido yet.
Previous