Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

Re: The Coach Lamp to be on Restaurant Impossible.

by Doug Davis » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Sara R wrote:We had never eaten there before and, after our meal, didn't particularly feel the need to return. My husband ordered the burger, which was just average and I ordered the highly regarded fried chicken. The chicken was boneless, which I hadn't expected, and was smothered in a sauce I didn't care for. The patio itself was very nice, but, without food that we feel inclined to return for, it isn't a selling point for us.

Same for my wife and I.
On our visit about a week after the show we had some severe problems. The fried chicken, was boneless (I didnt expect that either), but more importantly was raw inside. A fairly beginner mistake on cooking chicken. Additionally we ordered the deviled egg appetizer which was supposed to be a traditional, one with BBQ chicken topping and one with a pork crackling topping. Instead they substituted tuna fish for one of the toppings when they served it to us. They didnt tell us about this substitution prior to bringing the order. They are lucky neither my wife or I had a seafood allergy otherwise they would be facing litigation.
Their daughter contacted us by facebook and through private message here on Hotbytes promising stellar exceptional service should we choose to return and try them again.
So we returned a week or so ago. Neither the daughter or manager were there. I made mention to Bill's wife of the promises made to us. However when the bill arrived nothing we had ordered had been comp'ed. No free apps, main courses or the dessert.
Which is in addition to the fact that the food was mediocre at best.

We didnt watch the show, but it appears they didnt take any of the normal lessons to heart.
I eat, therefore I am.
Previous