Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Information on Corbett's

no avatar
User

Dean Corbett

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Information on Corbett's

by Dean Corbett » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:37 pm

Greetings to all,

I am relieved to finally proclaim December 15th as our opening night, it seemed like an eternity for all of us involved, especially my team of managers who have worked so hard for so very long. We are thrilled with the facility, the staff, menu and beverage selection, we hope Louisville enjoys our efforts as well.
Some clarifications regarding menu and schedule:
Corbett's will be open for lunch Tuesday thru Friday from 11am to 3pm, dinner served nightly from 5 pm until 11pm Monday thru Saturday.
We will be closed on Sunday's except for the occasional private function. We will offer ala carte dining for both menues with a heavy emphasis on degustation(tasting) style at both lunch and dinner as I feel to more completely experience the creative direction this team of chef's can offer is to indulge them a bit. Tasting will be 5 or 8 course offerings with or without wine,at the discretion of our guests and with the aid of our sommelier team.
The chef's tasting room with the two way interactive audio/visual feed is available nightly for 8 guests and 8 courses only with the menu left to the Corbett's kitchen, offering only the very best we have to offer.
We will have a front porch dining area (no fireplace but heaters), and a larger patio with fireplace completed by Spring 08'
Our dress code is relatively simple, dress for a nice dinner out, comfort yes...jeans, tee shirts or tennis shoes no...jackets for gents optional.
Our private dining options are somewhat limited because this once was a home and the dining rooms are divided, for total privacy and a wonderful dining adventure the chef's room fo 8, we have a private room in the celler for 18 to 20, and several small areas on the main floor for quite dining but not total privacy.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon and are excepting reservations now for lunch and dinner at 327-5058

Chef Deano
Last edited by Dean Corbett on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:47 am

We cannot WAIT! We've been watching the progress of your new establishment, and have anxiously awaited it's opening. Personally, I appreciate that you have preserved such a beautiful and historical building. Adapting it to function as a restaurant must have presented many challenges.

I'm a little confused on the tasting menu, and it's probably jut my ignorance, so bear with me. Is this something that you can order from any table, or do you need to schedule a tasting specifically?

My birthday is next month (Dec), and we were tossing around the idea of making the bday meal at Corbett's!, even though your opening will be couple of weeks after my official bday. I have always admired you and what you have done in your restaurants and for this town in general, and I just wanted to say THANKS!

We'll 'see ya' soon!! : o)
no avatar
User

Steve Coomes

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Goshen, KY

Congrats, Dean, you've earned it

by Steve Coomes » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:56 pm

Dean:

Wanted to pass along my congrats on the new place. With every visit to Costco I've watched the construction evolve and wondered what neat stuff you'll have inside.

Kudos from someone who watched you work your butt off at the Grisanti company more than two decades ago, take the risk to get Equus running--without stutters, without slips and without ever looking back--and build a fine company.

Steve Coomes
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Congrats Deano, I can wait man. Hope to visit your new place us soon as I'm back in town.
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

Congratulations and Hooray!

by Melissa Richards-Person » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Although you won't be open for Kim's birthday as she noted above, you WILL be open for my birthday on December 28....and it's a BIG one, so I am thrilled that I might be able to celebrate with you!

After 5 years in the culinary "hinterlands," it's such a joy to have wonderful, locally owned finer dining options like Corbett's and the new Seviche (which we tried for the first time last night and had a wonderful meal)! We love Fuji Sushi and Tony Boombozz, but you can only enjoy so much pizza and sushi and still eat locally! :-)

Welcome and we can't wait to see how beautifully the inside of the space has developed!