Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Any place to eat along the Western Kentucky Parkway?

by Alexis Rich » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:57 pm

I have a feeling this might get moved to the travel forum but we're leaving tomorrow and I need quick responses. Either way.

So, anyplace we should go for dinner if we're headed that way. Whistle Stop is closed Sundays. We'll have a relatively well behaved 3 year old in tow. We like local places and are pretty much game for anything.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Any place to eat along the Western Kentucky Parkway?

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Alexis Rich wrote:I have a feeling this might get moved to the travel forum but we're leaving tomorrow and I need quick responses. Either way.

So, anyplace we should go for dinner if we're headed that way. Whistle Stop is closed Sundays. We'll have a relatively well behaved 3 year old in tow. We like local places and are pretty much game for anything.

I'll leave it right here, Alexis! Sorry I don't have any answer, though. Well, Mammy's Kitchen is really a nice place in Bardstown, but I don't know if you'll be on that part of the W Ky or only farther west.
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:43 pm

I e driven that stretch more times than I care to count and unfortunately your options are very limited. You've got Etown, fast food in leitchfield, the travel center in the middle of the parkway with an Arby's, and then Central city with more fast food. Maybe there is some mom and pop along the way but I don't know what it would be. Sorry!
no avatar
User

Nancy Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:37 am

The Country

by Nancy Inman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Just saw on Kentucky Life-The Purple Onion, in Central City! I have read about it in the magazine Kentucky Life.
Nancy Inman
no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

by Sallie P. » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:03 am

Confused about where you are going. Whistle Stop is off of I-65. If you are going to LBL or any of Kentucky Lake area you will be on WK down pat Paennyrile Pkwy by I-24. If so there are a few one in Nortonville..Dixie Pan..one in Princeton ..Muddy Pigg...and a few in Grand Rivers if go down that far...Pattis and Iron Kettle. I am from Western Kentucky but I have not been down in that area in a long time so not positive how great all of these still are.
no avatar
User

Crystal Alvey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:58 pm

by Crystal Alvey » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Patti's is still fantastic. The Iron Kettle burned down in 2008.
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks folks! Forgot to mention we jog down 65 a spell to hit the Whistle Stop then double back. Sorry for the confusion.

Turns out we left a little early because our 3 year old refused to take her nap. So we just cooked some chicken on the grill and ate on the back porch at the cottage. Thanks for your suggestions. Sounds like Patti's is one to check out.

May I add that the Marathon Station in White Mills is spotless with friendly folks to ring up your Corn Nuts and fountain drink.
no avatar
User

Mark A.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 pm

by Mark A. » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm

I just drove this stretch of road last week all the way from E'town to Paducah (which becomes I-69 and I-24) as you go further west. It's one of the most boring drives I can remember. There is nothing that I know of in the way of dining. In fact, there are very few exits from the road at all. The only places that come to mind are a couple of state parks, Pennyrile and Kentucky Dam Village.