Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Casual dining is great, but I am not sure that I'd want to have dinner at the Oakroom for a special occassion and see a bunch of folks wearing t-shirts and jeans. Everything has its place.

Gotta agree. I don't wear a coat and tie everywhere, but I hope there are places where jeans and T-shirts aren't appropriate.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

lilly's

by Deb Hall » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:00 pm

We get dressed up if we go to Lilly's for special occasions and I'm always surprised at the number of people there (look like regulars) who are there in nice blue jeans, etc. Obviously THEY consider it "upscale Casual"...

Deb
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:41 pm

User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:12 pm

Good luck dude. He is going to have major parking issues and he will be competing with the formidable Volare. But, good luck nonetheless.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

veranese

by Heather Y » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:49 pm

Ditto, my stomach is knotted just thinking about what he has ahead of him!

Good luck!
no avatar
User

MichaelBolen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:03 pm

by MichaelBolen » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:09 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Good luck dude. He is going to have major parking issues and he will be competing with the formidable Volare. But, good luck nonetheless.

lol that was my thought, i mean that makes 3 upscale italian places in a mile on that road. i think a good spot for him would have been the old kunzs downtown or even somewhere in st matthews like say that little vogue space/lifestyle center. well if u have goo dfood and fair service at a reasonable price, u will do well do matter where u are but i have to admit setting up next to volare is a tough idea.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:10 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think he is going to have a parking nightmare on his hands. It was less of an issue for the Red Lounge because the crowds came later and there was more parking lot, but he is going to use half that lot for an addition on the building, and he is going to have a much earlier crowd. He should buy that lot across the street too.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:51 pm

Nancy's lot? Good luck with that. That'd make it a 2 million dollar restaurant.
Previous