Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Discussion of Robin Garr's Loui Loui's review

by Robin Garr » Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Steve P wrote:Buttery yes, "greasy" no.

There's a difference? :? Delicious butter or delicious grease, it's all about the calories anyway. I honestly don't believe they butter the pans, for what it's worth.

Wonder bread analogy based on the thickness and dimensions of a square and the pure refined-flour look of the under-crust. Here's what I said in the original review. I'll stand by it, and I don't think it's at all negative. It wasn't meant that way.

"The base is a pure-white bread-like dough that comes out oddly reminiscent of Wonder Bread but much more tasty, baked in a bath of grease that turns the bottom into a deliciously caramelized crunchy crust surmounted by a half-inch of high-quality white bread, surmounted by an extra-thick blanket of creamy, molten cheeses, toppings over that, and dollops of tangy-sweet marinara sauce ladled over all that."

Good stuff. But not "deep dish."
Previous