Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche During the Rain

no avatar
User

Bonnie E.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Seviche During the Rain

by Bonnie E. » Sat May 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Not a food review, we all know Seviche is terrific, but I did want to praise Chef Lamas's staff for how they handled a downpour last night.

Got there about 7 knowing we would be sitting outside. Inside was booked solid, of course. Patio was hoppin. Ordered drinks and apps and the the downpour came. EVERYONE on the patio ran inside, of course.

The staff cleared the patio in record time and then they amazingly found somewhere inside for everyone to sit and enjoy their meals. Seriously it was cool to watch how fast they rearranged the entire place. People flocked to the bar. We had 2 under 21's so that wasn't an option for us, but they divided large tables, packed in smaller tables, brought the tables from outside in. This all happend in record time with constant appologies.

Our excellent server, Courtney was right on top of everything as was a gentleman, whose name I did not catch, pink shirt, manager guy. Really impressive. The servers found their original tables and waited on their folks through the entire space.

I told my crew to hustle up so the table could be free for the folks that had reserved, unfortunately Courtney overheard and apoloogized again for us feeling rushed! I assured her we were super grateful for the hospitality.

Seriously, if I owned a place there would be a huge sign outside, eat at your own risk as I can't be responsible for the weather! I was stressed for the staff and they were as cool as the cucumbers in the water.

Great food, but service above and beyond!