Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What's on your Thanksgiving table?

Turkey
71%
Other (tell us about it!)
29%

Total votes : 42
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:34 pm

We had intended to go to Ryan's on Dixie but they are now completely closed. Golden Carral (that can't be right!) probably put too big a dent in Ryan's business. Knowing that Golden Corral (?) closed at 4, we headed to Cracker Barrel by the Fairgrounds. There was a bit of a wait but not bad. Jim had the Turkey dinner while I put together a veggie dinner.
I'm stuffed. CB was open till 8 p.m. So count us as one turkey dinner and one veggie dinner. Barb T
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:21 pm

We are in San Clemente CA for the holidays. We have reservations at The Montage Resort in Laguna Beach. I think turkey is available, but I'll likely try something else. At home we usually brine and bake a bird or deep fry the turkey.

This year we opted for a little surf and sun.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:30 pm

Last year sea bass, this year turkey. I'm so boring...
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Mmmmm... I am stuffed with smoked duck and grilled rabbit. We had our typical ethnic sides of cabbage rolls and perogies with morel mushroom sauce along with a few American sides and pecan pie.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:00 pm

We were on a cruise ship in the Bahamas. One had turkey, one had turkey and steak, two had grilled veggies empanada. Everyone was happy--and warm.
Previous