Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Outlet mall approved for Simpsonville

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:#ThanksObama

:shock: :roll:
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:
Steve P wrote:Unfortunately the overwhelming majority (I'm guessing 80%) of these jobs will be part-time-less than 28 hours per week with pay coming in at a fraction above minimum wage (think $8.50 to $9.00-ish) and no (as in zero) part-time benefits.

#ThanksObama

<shrugs>...While I applaud the concept and effort, the roll out, loose ends and unintended consequences certainly leave a bad taste in ones mouth. But hey, on a positive note we suffered under 8 years of "Dubya" so I guess I take some of his (other) actions as "payback is a bitch". :|
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Steve P wrote:<shrugs>...While I applaud the concept and effort, the roll out, loose ends and unintended consequences certainly leave a bad taste in ones mouth. But hey, on a positive note we suffered under 8 years of "Dubya" so I guess I take some of his (other) actions as "payback is a bitch". :|

Seems to me that we've got the Gridlock Rethuglicants to blame for doing everything in their power to keep Obama from pulling us out of the Bush Depression. Seee-quester, anyone? :P
no avatar
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

by Joel F » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:50 pm

meet the new boss
same as the old boss

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/0 ... 65455.html
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 am

So many jobs (and mostly low paying) are far away from those who need them in the metro area. Southern Indiana, 65 corridor in Bullitt Co. And now Shelby Co. How much would it cost to drive there or how long would it take to bus there? I worked west of downtown and near KEC, driving about 18 miles each way - for good jobs. Now retired, if I work again, i'll probably be taking a low paying job and only drive about 5 miles. Don't expect any benefits either.
I'm not a shopper either. Don't need anything. I can go weeks and only food shop. Sorry about not helping the economy. Decades ago when they opened the Walmart in Crestwood, I went. Started filling my cart with the specials. Then left the cart. I didn't need any of the stuff. They were good 'deals'.
I think I'm a happier person for it :-).
Do like to eat out of course.
Previous