Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

PaigeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 am

New Castle, IN

Good restaurants on Marathon Key?

by PaigeM » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:00 pm

My in-laws are spending early 2008 in the Florida Keys, so I'm thinking of loading them up with restaurant gift cards for Christmas. Does anyone know of good restaurants on or near Marathon Key? All suggestions are welcome -- the in-laws like all kinds of food and they enjoy both upscale places and dives. Thanks!
"Well, if you don't like butter, just use cream." -Julia Child
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Good restaurants on Marathon Key?

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:06 pm

PaigeM wrote:My in-laws are spending early 2008 in the Florida Keys, so I'm thinking of loading them up with restaurant gift cards for Christmas. Does anyone know of good restaurants on or near Marathon Key? All suggestions are welcome -- the in-laws like all kinds of food and they enjoy both upscale places and dives. Thanks!

We mostly just drive through on the way to Key West, Paige, but my recollection of Marathon (and the Keys in general) is that it's mostly tourist fare. The original branch of Islamorada Fish Co. used to be fun, although now that it has become a chain associated with Bass Pro Shops, it might have changed ... the one in Clarksville is pretty weak.

I'm recalling that there was a seafood restaurant with branches in both Key Largo and Marathon called The Crack'd Conch that was good, and one in Marathon called Squid Row that had a lovable name but only so-so food.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:12 pm

I found a forum that has answered some questions for me on the keys. Look up traveltalkonline all one word on google. The forum is mostly caribbean related but they have a US based forum in the main index that should help with keys info.
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

by Lori R. » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:58 pm

It's been several years since we have been there, but we had a few great meals at a place called "The Fish Shack". Some outstanding seafood!