Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Marrekech becomes Gyros Cafe

no avatar
User

John Lisherness

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm

The Highlands

Marrekech becomes Gyros Cafe

by John Lisherness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:10 pm

The owner of the Marrekech Cafe at the corner of Highland/Baxter/Bardstown has done some remodeling and changed the name to Gyros Cafe. They still have excellent chicken shawerma sandwiches and great babaganoush, hummus and falafel. One big addition is a first class Italian espresso machine and imported coffee... perfect with baklava.
I got the owner to copy his menu onto a thumb drive and I posted it on MenusOfLouisville.com
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: Marrekech becomes Gyros Cafe

by C. Devlin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:50 pm

John Lisherness wrote:The owner of the Marrekech Cafe at the corner of Highland/Baxter/Bardstown has done some remodeling and changed the name to Gyros Cafe. They still have excellent chicken shawerma sandwiches and great babaganoush, hummus and falafel. One big addition is a first class Italian espresso machine and imported coffee... perfect with baklava.

So you'd recommend the place pretty highly? Whenever we pass it on our way to somewhere else, I've wondered whether it would be worth a stop. Since we left Chicago, I've missed the food from a little hole in the wall in Skokie that had the best falafel sandwiches and fabulous gyros and shawerma/shawarma (however that's spelled) and desserts to die for. The galaktoboureko was the best stuff on the planet. I'd start with a falafal or gyros or what have you just to say I'd eaten responsibly and then stuff myself silly with one helping after another of galaktoboureko.

Does the Louisville place make galaktoboureko?