Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

What is a fair price for web design??

by David Clancy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:06 pm

I am in the process of deconstructing my current websight and then rebuilding it (hopefully using most of it as a template). Would like to use a local that is accessible and can update quickly. Was wondering what a fair price would be? I have had several quotes with the lowest being $750 with no hosting fees. Is that close to industry standard? Just curious if I'm getting taken to the cleaners as that does sound like a lot for a one-shot deal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 pm

That sounds really cheap. I would be really careful.

Make sure you get references of work. Make sure YOU own your domain, not them.
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

PRICEY BUT GOOD

by Casey J. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 pm

My site was not cheap, but they did a great job. http://www.life-gear.net You can find a link to their site on my LINKS page.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: What is a fair price for web design??

by David R. Pierce » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:12 pm

David Clancy wrote:I am in the process of deconstructing my current websight and then rebuilding it (hopefully using most of it as a template). Would like to use a local that is accessible and can update quickly. Was wondering what a fair price would be? I have had several quotes with the lowest being $750 with no hosting fees. Is that close to industry standard? Just curious if I'm getting taken to the cleaners as that does sound like a lot for a one-shot deal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave

Here is the registration information on your site:

Registrant:
Website Pros, Inc. 062206
12735 Gran Bay Parkway West
Building 200
Jacksonville, FL 32258
US

Domain Name: BISTRONEWALBANY.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Website Pros, Inc. dnsadmin@websitepros.com
12735 Gran Bay Parkway, West
Buliding 200
Jacksonville, FL 32258
US
904-680-6600 fax: 904-680-6991

Record expires on 22-Jun-2007.
Record created on 22-Jun-2006.
Database last updated on 19-Mar-2007 19:53:54 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS3.WSPISP.NET
NS4.WSPISP.NET

You may or may not own your domain name. If you contracted Website Pros, Inc. to develop your site, chances are good you own it. If not, the name expires on 22-Jun-2007.

The question you have to ask before deciding on a price is: What do you want in a website?

I had the BBC v2.0 built by a local company for $1500. Half of the other quotes I received. That was around year 2000. Find a steak/beer/food loving web-person and do the whole thing in trade. You'll still pay for hosting.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:22 pm

Call me or send a PM if I can help.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:17 am

David R. Pierce wrote:Call me or send a PM if I can help.
Damn Dave, you know more about me than me! Still can't figure out how to shrink that discipline logo to fit into the avatar.....I'll be in touch and Thanks!!-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:40 am

I hired someone to do a website for one of my domains a few years ago. Price was cheap and I didn't even get what I paid for. Words were spelled wrong, suddenly all my email was moving thru his server. In short it was a nightmare.

My current sites are built by me using front page. One is hosted by GoDaddy.com for $3.99 per month.

Front Page is reasonable easy to use if you've worked with any other MicroSoft product.

I think the suggestion to find someone to trade out with was a good one. You might also contact the folks at Ivy Tech to see if they can recommend someone or have an about-to-graduate student looking for work.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:46 am

Dave,
for a good Restaurant site expect to pay between $1500 and $3000. you want someone that knows how to get you in the search engines and has knowledge of the current standards.

Will
Will Crawford