Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

Re: Why always 4th St?

by Alan H » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Gary Z wrote:I'm a little tired of the anti 4th St sentiment that is prevalent on this board. There are a lot of us that work downtown that depend on that tourism business. Especially in the winter months. We'll take all the attention we can get.

You can be as anti-chain as you want, but still realize that those places are staffed by local employees. And with the recent shuttering of a lot of doors in our area we feel no guilt about a little extra exposure.

Gary, I completely understand where you are coming from and I also have several friends and fellow peers that work on 4th...but why is there never any mention of other Louisville homegrown establishments when these conventions or groups come to town?
The local news channels choose to show old clips of 4th assuming that everyone and their mother will go there!?!?
It gets old....
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Previous