Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Downtown or Indiana Lunch

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Downtown or Indiana Lunch

by Kim H » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:34 am

I'm posting rather late considering the time of our event, but we are going to Michael Feldman's 'Whad'ya Know' in the morning at the Brown Theater, and will have about an hour and a half to kill between around 12ish and 1:30 before judging a high school speach and debate in New Albany. We were hoping to eat lunch somewhere downtown or IN, somewhere convenient to those 2 locations, and not too time consuming. We're stearing away from high carbs at the moment, so that is a consideration. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some suggestions as we aren't normally in this part of town/s. TIA!
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:36 am

I've heard wonderful things about Adrienne & Co. Bakery and Cafe in downtown Jeffersonville at 129 W Court St.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:48 am

Thanks, Amy! I'm not familiar with them - do you know if they serve hot meals, or is it mostly cold sandwiches, or...?
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:21 am

I'm pretty sure its soup/sandwich/salad type place, with a few hot meals. I'm not positive though. I've never eaten there, but I have ordered cakes from their bakery. I'm sure if you wanted to call in the AM they could give you an idea about the menu. Their # is (812) 282-2665.

Also, there is a Come Back Inn in Jeff, at 415 Spring Street.
http://comebackinn.biz
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:25 am

I agree, the Comeback Inn is a fabulous place, great atmosphere and great food. You should check them out :D
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:17 am

Thank you again, Amy, we might check them out!

Scott - thanks so much! We have been fans of Come Back Inn here in Lou for years, and have often thought about checking out the sister restaurant in IN. I know there are ways to make low carb work there, but I also know they have way too many not-so-carb meals that would likely tempt the hubby (and me!), so we'll have to think about that one. Welooooooooove Come Back Inn!
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:11 am

Just had to second the input about the Come Back Inn. Always good and priced so well. I've had sooo many great meals there.Great friendly service. Please add one out here in Crestwood so I could
Come Back Inn again and again and again.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:46 pm

Kim, where did you end up going?

Swedish Proverb
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

lunch

by Heather Y » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:41 am