Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lonnies opening in Okalona

User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Lonnies opening in Okalona

by BevP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am

Noticed this morning taking Hubby to work...Preston Hwy at Blue Lick Rd,the old Moby Dick building signs up for Lonnies. I am very excited to have something different out our way. Love me some Chicago Dogs!
no avatar
User

Mark Gilley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Lonnies opening in Okalona

by Mark Gilley » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm

hooray! dining options out here kinda, well, they suck. I was bummed when moby dick closed but I love me some lonnies!
no avatar
User

David Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 am

Jeffersontown

by David Smith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm

I saw that they were open, so I decided to have lunch there today. I'm happy to say they are spot on!

I had an Italian beef sandwich, dripping with au jus, and topped with giardiniera. It was messy, and hot, and just the way it should be!
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Me and Hubby stopped bye this afternoon each got a Jumbo Clark St dog with fries loved them but I ordered a Wabash dog for my son to take home ..that is a beef dog with chili, onions and mustard NO Cheese as per the menu..son cannot tolerate dairy...got home was loaded with cheese.Tried to call no answer.
I will write this off as first week jitters and not affect my overall impression.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm

The pics I saw on FB make the place look huge! How much bigger is it than the original Lonnies? I love Lonnies, but hate trying to find a comfortable place to sit in the East End one.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Sorry I haven't been to the East end location but can tell you the new spot has probably 8-10 booths with at least 6-8, 4 top tables and a couple of high top bar type tables that seat 6-8 then there are window seats on the side...plenty of space.
no avatar
User

David Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 am

Jeffersontown

by David Smith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Christina Hall wrote:How much bigger is it than the original Lonnies?

It is considerably larger than the St Matthews location. As BevP mentioned, they are in a former Moby Dick building. Think any standard fast food joint.

Looks like they might use the drive-thru. (the menu was up, but there was a sign over the speaker)
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Wow. That's awesome for them! Maybe eventually they can move to someplace on the East End that has more room. (like oh, say...in Westport Plaza or Springhurst for example...*hint, hint*)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei