Welcome to the interactive Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
USER_AVATAR
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Sat 01, 2010 11:06 pm

{ LOCATION }

Bullitt County KY

Lonnies opening in Okalona

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } BevP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 am

Noticed this morning taking Hubby to work...Preston Hwy at Blue Lick Rd,the old Moby Dick building signs up for Lonnies. I am very excited to have something different out our way. Love me some Chicago Dogs!
no avatar
User

Mark Gilley

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Lonnies opening in Okalona

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Mark Gilley » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 pm

hooray! dining options out here kinda, well, they suck. I was bummed when moby dick closed but I love me some lonnies!
no avatar
User

David Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Wed 26, 2010 12:30 am

{ LOCATION }

Jeffersontown

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } David Smith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm

I saw that they were open, so I decided to have lunch there today. I'm happy to say they are spot on!

I had an Italian beef sandwich, dripping with au jus, and topped with giardiniera. It was messy, and hot, and just the way it should be!
USER_AVATAR
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

{ LOCATION }

Bullitt County KY

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } BevP » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Me and Hubby stopped bye this afternoon each got a Jumbo Clark St dog with fries loved them but I ordered a Wabash dog for my son to take home ..that is a beef dog with chili, onions and mustard NO Cheese as per the menu..son cannot tolerate dairy...got home was loaded with cheese.Tried to call no answer.
I will write this off as first week jitters and not affect my overall impression.
USER_AVATAR
User

Christina Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Christina Hall » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm

The pics I saw on FB make the place look huge! How much bigger is it than the original Lonnies? I love Lonnies, but hate trying to find a comfortable place to sit in the East End one.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
USER_AVATAR
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

{ LOCATION }

Bullitt County KY

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } BevP » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Sorry I haven't been to the East end location but can tell you the new spot has probably 8-10 booths with at least 6-8, 4 top tables and a couple of high top bar type tables that seat 6-8 then there are window seats on the side...plenty of space.
no avatar
User

David Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Wed 26, 2010 12:30 am

{ LOCATION }

Jeffersontown

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } David Smith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Christina Hall Wrote:How much bigger is it than the original Lonnies?

It is considerably larger than the St Matthews location. As BevP mentioned, they are in a former Moby Dick building. Think any standard fast food joint.

Looks like they might use the drive-thru. (the menu was up, but there was a sign over the speaker)
USER_AVATAR
User

Christina Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Christina Hall » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Wow. That's awesome for them! Maybe eventually they can move to someplace on the East End that has more room. (like oh, say...in Westport Plaza or Springhurst for example...*hint, hint*)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei