Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: It's Throwdown Time!

by Steve P » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:29 am

Robin F. wrote:You could broaden it a little to root veggies - " What's in the Root Cellar?" Type of theme??

I'm certain one could create a "Comfort Food" dish out of things in the "root cellar". Comfort Food is a pretty broad theme, why narrow the concept.

Dan might be on to something with the tie in to the ACF, regardless of the "theme" ya'll choose.

Just my two cents.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am

I think Stephen was aiming for something quick ( and simple?) in January when the restaurants weren't busy and people are looking for something to do. Maybe the ACF event is a separate effort?

Deb
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

by Luca B » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 pm

By the way, for the record, I think APRON should definitely be the beneficiary. HotBytes has been a part of this venture since the beginning, and I'd like to see us rack up a few pence for such a worthy local restaurant related cause during the cold hard months of winter.

Thanks Robin!! :D :D
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

How about limiting the ingredients to Kentucky Proud products? Or maybe mandating all local ingredients?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Bruce W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 am

by Bruce W » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Have a competition with a broad theme for whoever wants to compete soon...then top 3 or 4 winners competes with a more narrow theme in march for Dans thing. Win-win. Two events, everyone has fun.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 pm

So...

I've fallen out of love with the idea of eight separate courses. Unless we had it really well orchestrated, I'm not sure a kitchen my size would lend itself to the comings and goings of all those people. We should do the standard table-execution format.

How's everybody feel about 'Battle Stew.' It's winter, so people will be in the mood for that. It's very open to interpretation, so the guests won't be eating the same thing, over and over. It will also hold incredibly well, lasting throughout the entire event

What do we think?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1cd0dc ... ist=229140
no avatar
User

Alan Carrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:31 pm

by Alan Carrick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 am

Just had a minute to read through this thread.,.looking good., I like the idea of "Battle Stew". And yes Stephen, the kitchen size is something to take well into consideration. Cheers!
To Err is Human, to F.U.B.A.R. Takes a Computer
Previous