Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Palermo Viejo

User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:20 pm

Ron stated things much better than I communicated them.

I did not mean any disrespect, just believe that it deserves a second chance. May want to look at some other options. I apologize if my illustration seems harsh.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:57 pm

Jessica...Get used to people being rude to you for a well done steak....That is part of this forum....There are a lot out there that feel that if you dont like it there way...you are stupid....
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:49 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Jessica...Get used to people being rude to you for a well done steak....That is part of this forum....There are a lot out there that feel that if you dont like it there way...you are stupid....

Robert, don't project the way that people here react to <i>you</i> as if this were a typical case. Frankly, sir, you <i>earn</i> the reactions you get here. 'nuff said. I'm just about ready to call Strike Three.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:49 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Jessica...Get used to people being rude to you for a well done steak....That is part of this forum....There are a lot out there that feel that if you dont like it there way...you are stupid....

If Jessica needs to get used to anything on this forum, it is the fact that you have a compulsion to be a troll on every thread. You just can't help saying something negative every chance that you get.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:52 am

Robert if you honestly feel that way about this forum why do you keep reading and posting? What is the draw for you? I think Robin is right, you seem to thrive on conflict rather than open discussions about food and dining.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Because it has to be like Fox News...Fair and Balanced....Speaking of Strike Three I do not use any performance drugs...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:24 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Speaking of Strike Three I do not use any performance drugs...

Hungarian brandy creates effects more disgusting than any steroid.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Speaking of that....Does anybody out there know where to get Zwacks Hungarian Golden Pear Brandy....The local Liquir Barn used to carry it and i do not want to have to order a case or two at one time..... :cry:
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:01 am

Let's get this post back on track... it USED to be about PALERMO VIEJO.

Anyway, to protest the unkind post this past week in my own personal way, we returned once again to PV to support Frank and get our fill of great beef.

I was happy to see all the tables in the restaurant fill up over the course of the evening... nice and busy! We shared the house made chorizo, sweetbreads, short ribs, and sweet potato fries, and then finished up with the caramel crepe and banana ice cream. All of it, including the "fattier" short ribs, were EXCELLENT!

Top Notch. :)
Previous