Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Worst fast-food chain?

Worst fast-food chain?

Arby's
3%
Burger King
5%
Chick-Fil-A
No votes
Hardee's
13%
KFC
4%
Long John Silver's
13%
McDonald's
13%
Papa John's Pizza
5%
Pizza Hut
6%
Sonic
9%
Subway
5%
Taco Bell
10%
Wendy's
No votes
White Castle
10%
Other (write-in)
3%
None: I love all fast food!
No votes

Total votes : 77
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:31 pm

Are pizza places considered "fast food"?
Last edited by John R. on Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm

good question. not sure the pizza at Papa Johns is any faster than a pizza at Boombozz. I don't consider pizza places (even the big chains) to be fast-food. If it can't be made in the time it takes you to drive from the microphone to the second window of the drive-thru, it's not fast food.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks Steve for your reply....Just curious then..Why did you even bring it up....Could it be that Local/Chain issue....Just curious...
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Ron I agree with your point on fast food. A pizza place I guess should not be on the list....You have to wait for your pruduct to be prepared and cooked. Culvers Butter Burger would not be fast food....actually Wendys would not be also as they do not prepare patties ahead of time and then put them in holders like McDonalds does. Dairy Queen also does not cook patties ahead of time at least at the ones that I go to. although these places do have a drive through...you will have to wait longer at these type places for your food order....Another would be Steak and Shake....all cooked to order....
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:good question. not sure the pizza at Papa Johns is any faster than a pizza at Boombozz. I don't consider pizza places (even the big chains) to be fast-food. If it can't be made in the time it takes you to drive from the microphone to the second window of the drive-thru, it's not fast food.

As a term of art in the industry, all the brands listed fall in the fast-food niche (also QSR for "quick-service restaurant").
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:10 pm

robert szappanos wrote:Thanks Steve for your reply....Just curious then..Why did you even bring it up....Could it be that Local/Chain issue....Just curious...

Robert .. I don't care about your dopey paranoid chain/indie worries. I had an excellent fish sandwich from Moby Dick in Jeffersontown today. I suppose it is a chain albeit local. Mazzonis happened to be to crowded. (They use frozen fish)

The reason why I bought it up is because Dan Thomas had mentioned about the fish from Long John Silvers. I just explained about the way different places handled this.
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm so happy that no one is voting for Chick-fil-a. I love, love, love that place. I can't help it. I think they put crack in their chicken.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Steve...I have contacted the manager and even sent a copy of your email to Captian D,s to see what reply I get....I will let you know....I stick to my first comments Steve.... But you have a right to post a reply back...Thanks :roll:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Beth K. wrote:I'm so happy that no one is voting for Chick-fil-a. I love, love, love that place. I can't help it. I think they put crack in their chicken.

I generally go to Chick-Fil-A only in airports, and boy, is it bad there. I don't know what it is, but all chains seem to get worse in airports. Particularly the service. I think the one at Atlanta Hartsfield is managed by the Crips.

The picture of the owner in the signs they put up on Sunday ("Go to church, you heathens!") is also pretty scary ...
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Pretty scary...But pretty true.....
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:31 pm

wow, I forgot all about Chik-Fil-A being the fast food of God.

Who knew Jesus liked bad chicken sandwiches?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:33 pm

maybe you need to give HIM a try and give them a try also.... :)
no avatar
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:44 pm

This whole thread is kind of invalid because, as was said before, fast food quality can vary wildly from store to store.

I've had anything from very good (for fast food) to inedible food at all of the places on that list.

McDonalds has the most consistantly average food on there. It's not as likely to be really good, but it's also not as likely to be really bad.

I voted for LJS because they seem to have the worst QC of the chains, and when fast seafood goes bad... it goes REALLY bad. You are seriously rolling the dice with that one.

I have a tie for the single worst fast food meal I've ever gotten between a KFC in the west end (off Dixie) and a Jack-in-the-Box in Plano, Texas. Both went right in the garbage without so much as a bite.

There is nothing worse than going through a drive thru and getting just far enough away that it's not worth going back for your $5 before you find out that you've been handed a steaming pile of nasty.

Ew.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:02 pm

robert szappanos wrote:maybe you need to give HIM a try and give them a try also.... :)

You presume much in that post. hint: You don't have to believe in Fox News to believe in God.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Chris M wrote:This whole thread is kind of invalid because, as was said before, fast food quality can vary wildly from store to store.

I've seen this opinion expressed several times in this thread, Chris, but I'm not sure I fully buy it. Sure, there can be some variation - we've all seen that, and anecdotal incidents always loom large in the mind of the beholder.

But corporate policy and budget constraints, and efforts (however vain) at QC do tend to flatten the peaks. Realistically, all major food-industry publications - and <I>Consumer Reports</I> - do in fact seek to rank restaurant chains on the basis of quality, using reasonably objective criteria.
PreviousNext