Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Huber Wine Tasting at Keg Liquors, November 20th from 5-8

by Todd Antz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:07 pm

Thanks to Robin for letting me post this:

We proudly welcome the Huber Orchard and Winery back for our 3rd Annual tasting, featuring wines from nearby Starlight Indiana, and featuring their Assistant Winemaster and distiller Jason. This event will be held on a Tuesday, instead of our regular Thursday's due to Thanksgiving. Pop's Reserve will be sampled at this tasting (It gets released on November 15th)

Here is the lineup:
Spiced Apple - Huber's Fall favorite! This wine is made from Huber's special blend of apples and spices that you can drink warm or cold.
Sevyal Blanc - The Seyval Blanc comes from 27 year old vines. This French-American hybrid is the most widely planted east of the Rocky Mountains. This varietal truly reflects the terroir of the Knobstone Escarpment. It is crisp and structured with hints of grapefruit, melon, mineral and lemongrass.
Niagara - Made from estate grown grapes. This classic American variety combines pure grape aromas and flavors with a light body and semi-sweet "give me another sip" finish. The simple and unmistakable flavors remind many people of picking fresh grapes from their backyard arbors.
Pop's Reserve - Huber's Nouveau style wine, made from Concord grapes, fermented and put fresh into the bottle. Clean and refreshing.
Autumn Frost - Made from 100% estate grown grapes. This late harvest dessert wine is made in the traditional ice wine style. The grapes are pressed while partially frozen; resulting in intense flavor and sweetness. It is best served well chilled either with dessert or as a dessert by itself.
Heritage - A full bodied complex dry red table wine.

Also coming very soon as well.

November 29th Holiday Beer Tasting from 5-8 PM
Our second year of this event, featuring many holiday and winter beers to get your holiday shopping started early. Due to many of these beers being part of a special order, we will not have a complete list of beers available we get closer to the event. We have several vintage holiday beers that we have been cellaring for this event.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:36 pm

That sounds great Todd...next time make it a Monday, you know..when Stratto's is closed, so I can attend 8)
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:52 pm

Scott Robinson wrote:That sounds great Todd...next time make it a Monday, you know..when Stratto's is closed, so I can attend 8)

I was considering moving the event to Monday for you, then I saw the Patriots avatar.... I'm not sure I can do any events on Monday now.... or ever!
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:34 am

Yeah, yeah. I assume you are a "Dolts" fan? Hey, at least we can have mutual hatred for the Chargers. (And the Raiders, that was just for Chef Tony Efstratiadis :twisted: )

It's rough living in Indiana as a Patsie Fanatic...but I deal with it.

***On a food/spirit note: I hope you have a great turn out, Trevor is scheduled to come back to work this coming week so I may be able to attend! Even if not..I will be there once again at 9:30pm or so to buy my beer and shooter of Cazadore.

Long live The Keg! :D
User

Tony Efstratiadis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Cin City

by Tony Efstratiadis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 am

dont listen to him todd, he just started liking the patriots a couple of years ago. i saw a picture of scott, while i worked at strattos, wearing a manning jersey that peyton himself signed. i think hes in denial of his true love of the colts.

tony
User

Tony Efstratiadis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Cin City

by Tony Efstratiadis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:53 am

here you go scott, is my profile & signature more to your standards now.
Just remember, the patriots used to suck bad also.

tony
User

Tony Efstratiadis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Cin City

by Tony Efstratiadis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:57 am

ok, now
Committment to Excellence / "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:00 am

"Let them hate so long as they fear."
-Lucius Accius
User

Tony Efstratiadis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Cin City

by Tony Efstratiadis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:04 am

alot of people may hate the patriots, but nobody fears them. Theyre wusses, coached by the biggest wuss of all, thats why he had to cheat!
Committment to Excellence / "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Sorry Tony,

Next to Michigan fans, the worst fans in sports that I have ever been in contact with are Raider fans (yourself exlcuded of course). I've been to a several football games in the past against the Raiders, and it always seems they bring their best acting fans to each game. I used to support the Raiders until I saw them and their true fans, and it turned me away from them. I actually saw a riot in Arizona against the Cardinals in a pre-season game, which was the nail in the coffin for me. Their recent record just makes me smile.

Back on topic, join us for a wine tasting, not a football conversation. If that is your passion though, come over, try some wine and talk some pigskin with me as well.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm

Just another reminder about the event tomorrow.

On a side note, Jason always brings down a few surprises for the tasting. Last year he brought down a bottle of their Grappa and their Knobstone Reserve 8 Year old Port.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

NeilDSmith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:18 pm

Sellersburg

Hubers Wine

by NeilDSmith » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:19 pm

The wine selection sounds fun and the names remind of the wines my dad would bring home in an empty A&W gallon jug. Hope to make it to your store it will be my first visit.

Scott will have to come by and introduce myself and my CHOWDA head wife Patty. Born and raised in Beantown.
Neil Smith
The Fireside Bar & Grill
Sellersburg, IN
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm

I had several calls from people in Louisvillle asking for directions to the store. Here are some very simple directions to our store

I-65 North to Exit 4 (Lewis and Clark Parkway) Take a left off of the exit ramp onto Lewis and Clark and follow it past Greentree Mall. We are just past the last light into Greentree Mall on the right side of the street between the Craig and Landreth car dealership and Mark's Feed Store. The trip takes about 10 minutes from downtown Louisville.

If you have any questions feel free to call us at the number below.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:03 am

Thanks to everyone who made it over for the wine tasting on Tuesday. It was a blast. Jason, from Huber's brought their Knobstone Reserve Port, which is aged 5 years in the barrel (not to be confused with their Ruby Port) and has to be one of the better ports from America that I have had, as well as their excellent brandy, on top of the lineup we had set up.

Aside from my shameless retailing of their products, I truly appreciate the hard work and success that the Huber Orchard and Winery has had over the years.

Thanks again, and look for our Holiday Beer Tasting on November 29th featuring 15-20 different Belgian Noels, American Christmas beers, and English Christmas beers, as well as a few suprise brews as well.

Cheers,

Todd
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444