Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Hostess bakery

by Steve H » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Gordon M Lowe wrote:
Dan Thomas wrote:The old Rainbow Plant on 7th St.was shut down much earlier than that.

Does anyone know exactly where that old plant was on 7th? I went there as a kid on a St Pius field trip in the 70's. I still have the hat they gave me for the factory tour. I did a little googling and found an article about the Rainbo plant in Lexington, but nothing about Louisville.

I could be mistaken, but this is a Google Street View of the old Rainbow Bakery. It is out of date. It's been completely redone and is now the parking garage for the Bellamy Student Apartments.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Gordon M Lowe wrote:
Dan Thomas wrote:The old Rainbow Plant on 7th St.was shut down much earlier than that.

Does anyone know exactly where that old plant was on 7th? I went there as a kid on a St Pius field trip in the 70's. I still have the hat they gave me for the factory tour. I did a little googling and found an article about the Rainbo plant in Lexington, but nothing about Louisville.

On 7th close to Hill St
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:59 pm

I could be mistaken, but this is a Google Street View of the old Rainbow Bakery. It is out of date. It's been completely redone and is now the parking garage for the Bellamy Student Apartments.[/quote]

That is part of the old American Standard Buildings - made quite a few ambulance runs there. I believe the bakery was the large building right next door to the outlet store at 7th and Hill. Northeast corner.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Suzi Bernert wrote:I could be mistaken, but this is a Google Street View of the old Rainbow Bakery. It is out of date. It's been completely redone and is now the parking garage for the [url=http://www.bellamystudentapartments.com/louisville/index.html]Bellamy Student Apartments

That is part of the old American Standard Buildings
- made quite a few ambulance runs there. I believe the bakery was the large building right next door to the outlet store at 7th and Hill. Northeast corner.
[/url].[/quote]

Suzi is right. I represent one of the former owners of that American Standard building and had many meetings there.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Little Debbie is way better than Hostess!
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I hate to share this because I love the Honey Oat Pecan bread, and don't want them to run out, but The Bakery at Sullivan has great breads made fresh every day at very reasonable prices and will be glad to slice them for you on the spot. Bardstown Rd at Gardiner Ln. :D
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 am

BevP wrote:I hate to share this because I love the Honey Oat Pecan bread, and don't want them to run out, but The Bakery at Sullivan has great breads made fresh every day at very reasonable prices and will be glad to slice them for you on the spot. Bardstown Rd at Gardiner Ln. :D

I haven't tried their honey oat pecan bread, but their pecan cinnamon rolls are scrumptious!!!
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 am

"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Previous