Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity joins the chorus of praise for Sahara Café

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Over at Velocity this week, Lisa Hornung finds her way to Sahara Café and gets an unusually generous-for-Velocity 318 words to praise this little St. Matthews spot. She finds the grape leaves a little "tangy" and the hummus short on garlic, likens the shawarma (favorably!) to nachos, and raves about a to-go order of baghlava. She leaves a $5 tip on $23.97 (a 21 percent tip) because, she says, "the service was good." Personally, at a low-price place like this, I'd just have rounded up to $30, but hey. Bottom line, I think the raves for Sahara have been uniformly strong from everyone I know who's been there.

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071114/VELOCITY01/711140581/1065]<B>2 for $30</b>
Discover giant flavors in Sahara Café's tiny space[/url]

<b>Sahara Mediterranean Café</b>
3701 Lexington Road
(502) 895-1338
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:18 pm

I'll second the general opinion that Sahara serves very good food at a reasonable price. The enthusiasm of the owner/server was apparent the night we ate there. I place them in Shiraz's class.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:26 pm

I am glad to see another positive review about this place. They serve really good food for a very reasonable price; and like the article said, the service is good and the owners are very friendly. Funny, though, regarding flavors and personal opinions... the grape leaves were one my favorites on our sampler platter!

If you haven't been yet, you should really give it a try soon!