Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Server for hire?

no avatar
User

MichelleS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:45 am

Server for hire?

by MichelleS » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:56 pm

I'm quitting my job and going back to school. I DO NOT BELONG IN AN OFFICE!

I'd like to find a full time serving position.

I want to start now so I can train but I want to stay where I am until after the holidays to take advantage of the Christmas perks. I would not be available to be full time until after the first of the year.

Will this be a reasonable request if I go hit the pavement now or do I just need to wait?
no avatar
User

NeilDSmith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:18 pm

Sellersburg

by NeilDSmith » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Every restaurant is looking for a sales person and not a server of food. You seem to be willing to promote yourself. Get it on!
Neil Smith
The Fireside Bar & Grill
Sellersburg, IN
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:50 pm

Maybe try posting in the restaurant jobs wanted area of this forum? Also, I find there are a lot of listings on craigslist.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 am

I don't think this is an unreasonable request, many restaurants are looking for help at Holiday time. I know we are booking up FAST for December at Stratto's as I am sure many other local restaurants are, it is a good time to get a foot in the door and prove your worth!

Actually I strated at Stratto's a year ago TODAY (Nov. 14) as a server, worked my arse off and now manage. I say go drop your application's ASAP and get in while the getting is good!

And good luck :D
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!