Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Denise Drury

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Restaurants for Birthday Party

by Denise Drury » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:51 pm

I've been a lurker on this site ... always check it out before we try a new restaurant! Love all the insights into the food scene (even though we don't get out as much because we have two little ones). Thought it'd be a good place to ask for some help.

My husband's turning 40 next January and I would like to throw a party for him (probably between 20-40 people). He threw my 30th in Porcini's function room and that was great. But I'd like to be original and am unaware of which other places could accomodate a smallish party.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Denise
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Restaurants for Birthday Party

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:02 pm

Denise Drury wrote:My husband's turning 40 next January and I would like to throw a party for him (probably between 20-40 people). He threw my 30th in Porcini's function room and that was great. But I'd like to be original and am unaware of which other places could accomodate a smallish party.

Welcome, Denise! I'm glad you broke the ice by speaking up, and hope you'll hang around and talk with us about good things to eat and drink and good places to do it.

Just tossing out a few names at random, places that could probably handle a private party of that size:

Westport General Store
Saffron's
Volare
Park Place
Proof on Main
Bristol (downtown or Bardstown Road)
Asiatique
no avatar
User

Denise Drury

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Denise Drury » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

As a transplant from Boston (been here almost eight years now), I've always been so impressed with how many fantastic restaurants are here.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll start looking into them right away!
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Places for a party

by Ned Weatherby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:56 pm

Norma Jeans Trackside in La grange had a small room that would work and they are more than willing to come up with a menu for the event to suit a price. Westport General as well would be able to accomodate you.
I think Captains Quarters could also accomodate you however think it would be more in the main dining room. It is hard for me to think of places that have a separate room. Maybe Lilly's as well or Ramsis cafe.
Good Eats
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Limestone

by Deb Hall » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 pm

Limestone has a great private room, and Mike & Jim are great to work with.

Deb
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Equus can also accommodate groups in this size and Dean will do an excellent job!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:04 am

Denise,

I can vouch for Volare, having attended a similar event there this summer, although we had fewer people than you're planning. The room that they built off of the main restaurant last year is very nice and the staff was very accomodating (I know because I'm on pretty good terms with the lady that planned the party :wink: . She enjoyed working with Volare)
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:07 am

Pat's Steakhouse can accomodate a party that size in one their private rooms upstairs. It is a very Louisville-esque place.
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

by Hank Sutton » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:39 am

BBC in St. Matthews (on Shelbyville Road near Chenoweth Lane) has an enclosed deck with TV's and a dart board that has used for private parties.
Call to confirm : 899-7070

The Prost room at the New Albanian Brewing Company (formerly Rich O's) is a jolly good meeting place as well. Contact Reva at (812) 989-6178

See the link for photos and e-mail
http://www.newalbanian.com/prost.html
no avatar
User

Jeremy Lutes

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm

The Irish Rover

by Jeremy Lutes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:55 am

I've been to several parties upstairs at the Irish Rover on Frankfort Avenue. Not fancy, but very cozy and comfortable.
no avatar
User

Denise Drury

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Denise Drury » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions ... You've saved me lots of calls and internet searches! There's quite a few restaurants I've eaten at too but didn't realize they could house a small event.

Well, now I have no more excuses for procrastination.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Have attended events of that size at both Limestone & Equus, and both were wonderful!
Andrew Mellman
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Denise Drury wrote:Thanks for all the great suggestions ... You've saved me lots of calls and internet searches! There's quite a few restaurants I've eaten at too but didn't realize they could house a small event.

Well, now I have no more excuses for procrastination.

Don't know where you live, but in the Prospect area, J Harrods has the facilities for what you want. A nice, medium priced restaurant. Good service and food.
no avatar
User

james.harry

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:33 am

by james.harry » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:42 am

This is most the wonderful idea on your part and is a remembrance for whole year. My Spouse celebrated my 42nd birthday at Renaissance Fun Park in the company of my friend and their families. There were also best arrangement for children's fun.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:48 am

The wine studio at 610 needs to be on your list. Hubbys birthday party was there and it was excellent!
Next