Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bourbon Ball Style or Gingerbread Bottom Cheesecake

Bourbon Ball Style
66%
Gingerbread Bottom with Peppermint Bark
34%

Total votes : 38
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 pm

carla griffin wrote:You're the devil!
(But put my vote down for the bourbon ball cheesecake.)
In the spring you could do a mohito cheesecake. Infact you could do an entire line of popular drink based cheesecakes. (Harvy Wallbanger CC with orange and Galliano - Rattlesnake CC with Kahula, Dk cr d' cocoa and Baily's.
And on and on...

You and Ned have some great ideas. Staying with the drink-based cheesecake theme (I love that), how about a crushed hazelnut crust and a filling made with Frangelico?
User

KrisHamilton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

Okolona

by KrisHamilton » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Honestly why mess up a perfectly good plain cheesecake. I understand that people like change, but in my opinion there is nothing you can add to a cheescake that makes it better than the original.
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:42 pm

KrisHamilton wrote:Honestly why mess up a perfectly good plain cheesecake. I understand that people like change, but in my opinion there is nothing you can add to a cheescake that makes it better than the original.

Chocolate makes everything better.
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Plain

by Ned Weatherby » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Actually my grandmothers recipe was originally plain and didn't even have a crust. I added the brownie bottom and peanut butter layer by request of John and Norma and I think it is rather unique. You can get plain cheesecake most anywhere. I can always make a plain cheesecake as requested. I like all types and have made some small ramekin cheesecakes to taste. I made one with the ghiradelli brownie bottom and bourbon in the cheesecake batter. Then I sprinked the batter with some dark chocolate chips. I also made a few with a gingerbread cake bottom. No peppermint bark at this time I just want to see if they go together
Good Eats
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Bourbon Ball Delivered

by Ned Weatherby » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:46 pm

Okay guys thanks for all your ideas. They were great and gave me much to fodder. Well I delivered the first bourbon ball style cheesecake to Norma Jeans today. If you get a chance take the drive and give it a try and please let me know any comments good or bad. Thanks again and I hope to hear from some of you on it.
Good Eats
no avatar
User

Wayde H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 pm

by Wayde H » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:30 pm

I'd have to go with the Bourbon Ball, but then again I'm not a peppermint person.
Previous