Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

Wine Dinner @ Stratto's Nov.29th

by Scott Robinson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Thank you, Robin, for allowing me to post this.

Stratto's Italian Bistro in Clarksville (I know..Indiana :shock: ) will be hosting a five course Wine Dinner. It will be a great chance to showcase our new Chef, Jerome Pope (Formerly Head Chef of Coach Lamp), and his new ideas.

Stratto’s Italian Bistro
Wine Dinner
November 29, 2007 6-9pm

Appetizer
First Course: Brochette of Melon, Prosciutto , Fresh Mozzarella and Basil.
Paired with Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc.

Salad
Second Course: Atlantic Pan Seared Salmon, Frisee Greens, Morel Mushrooms and Roasted Red Peppers with a Chervil Cream Vinaigrette.
Paired with Samantha Starr Chardonnay.

Entrée
Third Course: Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Tabasco Onion, Pommes Anna Potatoes, Haricot Verts with a Bordelaise Sauce.
Paired with Twenty Bench Cabernet Sauvignon.

Chef Whim
Fourth Course: Cornish Hen Confit, Herb Polenta with Pancetta and Infused Raspberry Sauce.
Paired with Joel Gott Zinfandel

Dessert
Fifth Course: Roasted Pear Complicity with a Ginger and Caramel Sauce.
Paired with Moscato D’Asti Vignaioli Di S. Stefano

Pricing is $45 per Person or $80 per Couple.

Reservations are limited, contact info is provided below along with our website.

Scott Robinson - Manager, Stratto's
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:55 pm

I knew those pears were up to something!

8)
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:05 pm

If pears are anything like me then they MUST be up to no good! :P
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

Reminder: Wine dinner at Strattos

by Lisa Stephenson » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:03 pm

Reminder, the wine dinner is Thurs Nov 29. Should be an excellent and delicious adventure!
no avatar
User

NeilDSmith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:18 pm

Sellersburg

by NeilDSmith » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Scott

Hope to see you at your event, that way I get a great meal and my wife Patty from Boston has someone to talk to about how you won the World series, kicked the Colts and the Celtics are taking no prisoner. Can I trade you gift certificates for dinner? Good luck
Neil Smith
The Fireside Bar & Grill
Sellersburg, IN
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:55 pm

We are still taking reservations for our wine dinner, we have about 20 openings left if anyone would like to attend.

Contact info is in my signature :D

-Scott
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 am

How did the wine dinner go?

Planning any beer functions again soon? The beer dinner we staged earlier in the year was very nice.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Roger,

The wine dinner went very well but unfortunatly we had a small turn out.
Even with that aside, everyone seemed to enjoy the night and they were treated to a special surprise....Chef Pope's long-time friend Chef Joe Castro stopped by, he even came out to say hello to all of the participants.

As for planning another beer dinner, I would love to...I will speak to Trevor about it and see if we can come up with a date and some other minor details.

-Scott
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

what a great night!

by Lisa Stephenson » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:54 pm

We attended last night’s wine dinner at Stratto’s. What a night full of surprises! The food was excellent and was paired perfectly with the wines provided by Crossroads Vintners. Crossroads had a representative on hand to explain the facets of the wine that was paired with each of the five courses. As noted above by Scott Robinson.

All in all it was a fantastic dinner and some fine wines from some smaller wineries in this case all from California. Stratto’s may offer an opportunity for Louisvillians to try some wines that may not be distributed in Kentucky. A listing of the wineries that Crossroads distribute can be found at: http://www.crossroadvintners.com/

We enjoyed meeting some of our fellow foodies who contribute to this forum. The big surprise of the night, as Scott mentioned, was an in person "Hello" by Chef Joe Castro from the Brown. He was in the kitchen assisting his former student Chef Jerome Pope. We hope that Statto’s continues to host this type of event in the future. We will definitely join them again!
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Crossroads has done an excellent job bringing some very hard to find wines to the area. One of the things that I like best about them is that they do not cater to chains, so you will only find their products in independant restaurants and wine shops (like mine) and never in a grocery store, box store, or drug store.

I believe that we carry most if not all of the wines that were in the dinner last night (it has been awhile since Louis let me see the list), so if you are looking for any of those wines to take home, stop in and see us.

Next time we'll make sure we schedule our beer tastings and wine dinners on different dates to make sure that at least I can attend the dinner!
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Thursday's wine dinner at Stratto's was quite an event. The wines were paired perfectly for my palate.
Most notable, Chef Jerome's pan seared salmon helped me regain my taste for salmon I'd lost a couple of years ago. Kudos Chef!
Although then attendance was low, it gave Gina and I the opportunity to meet and chat with food and wine lovers. Chef Jerome's description of courses and interaction with diners was enhanced by smaller crowd.
Hopefully Stratto's will repeat wine dinners with the reward of greater attendance. Come on over to the Sunny Side.
We were certainly pleased.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Todd Antz wrote:Crossroads has done an excellent job bringing some very hard to find wines to the area. One of the things that I like best about them is that they do not cater to chains, so you will only find their products in independant restaurants and wine shops (like mine) and never in a grocery store, box store, or drug store.

I believe that we carry most if not all of the wines that were in the dinner last night (it has been awhile since Louis let me see the list), so if you are looking for any of those wines to take home, stop in and see us.

Next time we'll make sure we schedule our beer tastings and wine dinners on different dates to make sure that at least I can attend the dinner!
Louie ROCKS!! I have yet to find a better rep in the world (though Rachael@ Carroll Co. gets an honorable mention as well)......
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:43 pm

I would like to thank everyone for the positive responses to our wine event, i am very happy that you all enjoyed it. We look forward to hosting more in the VERY near future and hope to see you all back in our establishment.

Thank you all SOOO much for your support! *Toast*!

-Scott