Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Thanksgiving Day

by Luca B » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:24 am

Does anyone know of any restaurants open for dinner on Thanksgiving?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Thanksgiving Day

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:24 am

Luca B wrote:Does anyone know of any restaurants open for dinner on Thanksgiving?

John E's has a traditional Thanksgiving repast, I believe, and I assume that the major hotel dining rooms will have some level of food service to take care of travelers. I would guess that some cafeterias stay open and put on turkey and dressing - I know Blue Boar used to do that.

It's also floating in the back of my mind that Anthony mentioned Seviche being open for the holiday, but I could be making that up.

Bottom line, it's a day of very limited choices for dining out, even for those who don't have family locally or don't particularly care for the traditional feast.
no avatar
User

Bill D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Louisville, KY

Thanksgiving Day? Good luck.

by Bill D » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:30 am

I've had the pleasure of living here 6 years and have learned the 'Ville is a foodie town 363. First year here, 4 weeks in, headed out on Turkey Day thinking it would be like Denver or Dallas, wrong. We were turned away at the door at The Brown, Colorado casual didn't fly, the valets were better dressed. Drove around blindly and ended up at the Twig-n-Leaf. Yummy. Fortunately we've been "adopted" and enjoy the day with extended family. I bet things have changed some, but do your homework. Best of luck. Also spent a Christmas Dinner at The Back Door. Pretty good stuff.
Bill D
User

April Adams

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:22 am

Blu at the Marriott Downtown is open on Thanksgiving

by April Adams » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:39 am

Luca,
Blu will be open for an elaborate champagne brunch featuring your classic Thanksgiving fare plus much more. It goes from 11-3pm and the price is $39.95 for adults, 1/2 price for children 12 & under and free for children 5 & under. By the way, I have been at Blu as the GM for about 5 weeks. We also have a new Chef Brian Hove from the Mansion at Lexington's Griffon Gate Marriott. Many changes are to come, especially by January.
Thanks,
April Adams
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:01 pm

I think there was a post on this about a month ago with lots of replies. Try doing a search. Come to think of it, maybe that was for places open the day after. . . nonetheless, it's worth looking for!
no avatar
User

Kelly Herre

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Crescent Hill, Louisville

The Oakroom

by Kelly Herre » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:18 pm

The Oakroom is open for Thanksgiving. We have a buffet style brunch from 10am-3pm (almost sold out). From 6-8pm, we will be offering two different types of menus, the first being a traditional family style menu and the second being Chef Todd's 5 course tasting menu (his own version on Thanksgiving dinner).
If you are interested you can call at 502-807-3463 or email: theoakroom@ihrco.com.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Blu at the Marriott Downtown is open on Thanksgiving

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:32 pm

April Adams wrote:I have been at Blu as the GM for about 5 weeks.

Hey, April, that's news! Hope the move works out well for you.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:48 pm

It may not be what you're looking for, but I've enjoyed some delicious meals at local ethnic restaurants on Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure the big 3 of Indian restaurants are all open. Also, I've heard that Jarfi's and Proof will both be open.

Good Luck!
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

by Luca B » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Thanks for all of these great suggestions. I was asked by a friend who has relatives coming in from Mexico, I'm sure one of these fine places will do just fine.
BTW April, congratulations on the new position at the Marriott, they are lucky to have you!
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:03 pm

The east end location of the Bristol is having a special Thanksgiving buffet I believe.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Stratto's will be having a "Traditional" Thanksgiving Buffet on national turkey day. It runs from 11am until 3pm (4 seatings, one per hour) and is very fairly priced. $15 for adults, $13 for seniors, $7.50 for kids 7-12 and free for kids 6 and under. We have many reservations thus far so call soon if you wish to attend! :D
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!
no avatar
User

Monica E

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:53 am

by Monica E » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Proof on Main will be open on Thanksgiving Day. In addition to the regular dinner menu, special offerings will include smoked turkey breast (provided by Star Farm, Hardyville, Ky.), currant sausage, pole beans, potato purée and cranberry mostarda. There's also a special appetizer -- chestnut ravioli with radicchio brown butter; and an additional pasta dish -- whole wheat maltagliati with braised turkey legs, Parmigiano and lemon turkey brodo.

Thanksgiving Day hours will be 2 to 8 p.m.

Call 502-217-6360 for reservations
User

MichelleS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:45 am

by MichelleS » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:44 pm

The English Grill does Thanksgiving.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:15 pm

If you have the taste for a full turkey dinner...during the month of November and December Joe Hubers has Turkey Dinners every day with all of the fixens. I have had it in the past and the food is excellent... :wink:
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Just learned today that the El Nopal on Taylorsville Rd (the one out near 265 in the shopping center with the Kroger) will be opened Thanksgiving Day. I don't think the other El Nopal locations will be opened on Thanksgiving however.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
Next