Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wedding Cakes

User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Wedding Cakes

by Jessica H » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:03 pm

We're still making wedding cakes at Sweet Surrender!

Last year The Daily Meal named us one of the "50 Best Wedding Cake Bakeries in America." We were #25! http://www.thedailymeal.com/50-best-wedding-cake-bakeries-america

We offer a free wedding cake tasting, where couples can taste 6 different cake flavors and look at photos of our work. At that appointment, we help you design and price out your ideal wedding cake.

Please check out our facebook https://www.facebook.com/sweetsurrenderdessertcafe and instagram https://instagram.com/sweetsurrendercafe/ for photos of our most recent work!

(I kept trying to embed a couple photos, but it wasn't working for some reason. Technology!)
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks for the updates! I was def. going to check out Sweet Surrender anyway, and now I will also look into Merts.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I still recommend Sweet Surrender! (After making a thousand wedding cakes, I did move on to different things. Visit me in the food truck sometime!)
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Christina Firriolo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Oh good heavens, Leah, I know your desserts rock! Put up a schedule here, and I will definitely visit you!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:29 am

I'll be at the Garvin Gate Blues Festival and Farmington next weekend. Private events during the upcoming week. Yes. Your company can have the Dessert Truck visit!
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:03 pm

When we married, I knew we wanted an unusual, but delicious cake. I went to the State Fair and found a great artist . She did cakes on the side at her home. Every layer was fresh and amazing, the cake was a crowd favorite and every morsel was gone. She charged about 80% less than a bakery I consulted.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:43 pm

....and here I thought I'd never hear, State Fair and Great Artist in the same sentence. Life is so wonderfully full of surprises.
I would recommend Mary Carmel, only because I helped ice many a multi-tiered wedding cake for her at the now defunct and once quite famous, Roppels Catering. She does beautiful work..and weddings are that one event where I believe you should go classic.
Bill.
Shady Lane
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Christina Firriolo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 am

I'm back! I know everyone says that Mert's is a little higher than average, but can anyone tell me about what she charges per slice for her wedding cakes? I'd hate to make an appointment and waste their time because I'm over my cake budget! :P
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:36 am

Srsly. Go. To. Sweet. Surrender.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Christina Hall wrote:I'm back! I know everyone says that Mert's is a little higher than average, but can anyone tell me about what she charges per slice for her wedding cakes? I'd hate to make an appointment and waste their time because I'm over my cake budget! :P

I think it was in the $6-7 range somewhere, but call her . . . she'll tell you if she can do it for your price
Andrew Mellman
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Christina!

I can't quote you Mert's prices, but I can give you mine at Sweet Surrender!

Our wedding cake prices begin at $4.55 per slice for a round cake. Square cakes start at $4.85 per slice. Prices can vary based on complexity of the design you select. We do not charge extra for different flavors in different tiers. These prices are based on cakes with buttercream as we greatly prefer it over fondant. Fondant covered cakes are an additional $1.25 per slice. We also include a free 4” cake that we will make fresh for your one year anniversary. There is a $50 Delivery and Set-Up fee for the Louisville area Tuesday thru Saturday. Sunday deliveries are a bit more.

Martha Stewart Weddings just recognized one of our wedding cakes from last year as #6 of The 25 Best Wedding Cakes of 2015! You can see the article here: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/405839/best-wedding-cakes#384681. I attached the photo below.

We offer a free tasting appointment where we price out your ideal cake, and you get to try about six flavors. You can call and schedule one at 502-899-2008. I hope to hear from you!
Attachments
Martha Stewart Wedding Cake.jpg
Martha Stewart Wedding Cake.jpg (73.26 KiB) Viewed 8908 times
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Christina Firriolo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Thanks everyone! I'll def. call you, Jessica! Thanks!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:52 am

That is a GORGEOUS cake Jessica!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Christina Hall wrote:I'm back! I know everyone says that Mert's is a little higher than average, but can anyone tell me about what she charges per slice for her wedding cakes? I'd hate to make an appointment and waste their time because I'm over my cake budget! :P
definitely give Virginia (Mert's) a call, a well. She's a pleasure to talk to!
Previous