Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: Baxter Station going on the market soon

by Stephen D » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Jackie R. wrote:Welcome to the forum, Doug - and thank you for adding some greats points in the discussion. I'm behind your assertions 100%.

+1
no avatar
User

John S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

by John S » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 am

Linda C wrote:There were times we wanted to dine near your area, but could not find parking.

I hear people complain about this a lot. However, I disagree. I live roughly a mile from Baxter Station and pass by--and stop in--frequently. There has never been a time when I haven't seen a spot within easy walking distance. Within a quarter mile are Payne Street, Rogers Street, Hull Street, Cooper Street, and Baxter Avenue, all of which are free to park on.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:53 pm

I've never had parking problems in that area. Sometimes you have walk a bit down the road, but there's always a spot in the area.

Glad to hear you heard from the Mayor. So much effort goes into "newer and better." Resources, including time and money, need to be spent on those anchor organizations and businesses that have helped propel Louisville forward. Baxter Station has been a good (awesome) "neighbor" for many years.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Andrew,
When you heard from the Mayor, did they plan / offer to do anything about your original issue- disrepair of the sidewalks outside your restaurant?
Deb
Previous