Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Donut Kastle

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Donut Kastle

by Robin F. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Does anyone know what's going on with the Donut Kastle in Lyndon? I've been past there several mornings this week and it's closed up tight. This morning, about 7:45 was the most recent.
no avatar
User

Annie McGill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:49 am

crescent hill

Re: Donut Kastle

by Annie McGill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:21 pm

I live practically next door and it has always seemed closed no matter what time of day I seem to pass it, for the last four years. I think it says to text for doughnuts on its sign.....
Annie McGill
Owner
Annie May's Sweet Cafe
Louisville's only dedicated gluten and nut free bakery
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 am

They open by 6:00am and close when they run out of donuts, which is almost always before 9:00am on weekdays and usually before 8:00 on weekends. Sometimes they stay open later if the regulars are hanging around, but that's rare and you're unlikely to get much anyway. Just coffee and scraps.

The owners also close up shop when they take vacations. There is usually a small sign posted on the door, though not always.

Having said that, I haven't been by there during a time I would expect them to be open for a month or so. Hopefully nothing untoward has occurred. They make a mean donut.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Drove by and peeked into the window (I wanted a donut!) and it looked like the twilight zone ghost town. Has anyone had a donut from there in the last six months/year? It said text them for donuts.. does that mean they only open if they get a text? Just trying to figure out what is going on there. Cheers!
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Robin F. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 am

We heard from another business owner in Lyndon that the owner's son closed up for the day and then no one ever came back. They haven't been open for almost a year.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Adam C » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 am

Robin F. wrote:We heard from another business owner in Lyndon that the owner's son closed up for the day and then no one ever came back. They haven't been open for almost a year.

I was just telling my co-worker that it looked like they were in the middle of working, abruptly left and dropped what they were doing and never came back. Very strange.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 am

Very sad- we loved that place ( the few times we were up early enough to go :wink: )

Deb
no avatar
User

Andrew A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

by Andrew A » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 pm

That place has been super sketchy for a LONG while now. The donuts where grease sponges the last couple times I was there and the guys working the counter did not look well at all.
User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

by DanB » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 am

This is beginning to sound like a GREAT opening chapter in a crime noir novella.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Adam C » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 am

DanB wrote:This is beginning to sound like a GREAT opening chapter in a crime noir novella.

Ha! What's the title?
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Adam C » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:58 pm

I heard that some construction was going on at the old Donut Kastle location. Anyone out that way know of anything?
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Robin F. » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:33 pm

I've heard two things 1) Dunkin Donuts or 2) a Chinese place. I'm past there all the time and it has been slow progress. It must have been bad inside b/c they took it down to the studs. There's going to be a drive-thru, but that doesn't rule out either option.
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 am

They also stripped the exterior. A new brick skirt and picture windows went into it sometime in the past 2 weeks. I drive by it a lot. The for sale sign is still up, but it must have sold quick. I called about thinking it would make a decent location for a real estate office, but never got a return phone call. I guess it had already sold and he was tired of answering questions.

-Scott
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:23 pm

King Donuts & Coffee Coming Soon sign in the window
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

JustinHammond wrote:King Donuts & Coffee Coming Soon sign in the window

Where? In the same location were Donut Castle used to be? Anybody know anything about it?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Next