Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Crystal Alvey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Today's USA Weekend in the CJ

by Crystal Alvey » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi everyone. Saw this today & thought I'd share....see page 20...the 21c Museum Hotel is mentioned....Here's the link...

http://www.usaweekend.com/07_issues/070 ... views.html
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Nice place, but I still find those statues behind the reservation desk inappropriate.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Statues.

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:03 pm

Richard S. wrote:Nice place, but I still find those statues behind the reservation desk inappropriate.

I find the statues quite intriguing, but I will tell you that the majority (say, 55%) of people I've taken there relate to them the same as you. We each have our own opinion about them and I respect all just as I would like to be respected for mine. Did you see a recent display where they had paintings of bodies that were stabbed and blood flowed? They were laid in graves, etc. Some were women and men, others were men and men. There was even nudity. Not my taste, but neat nonetheless. I am pleased the Ville has an outlet for such art forms, whether some people like it or not.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.