Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tapas Tuesday at Holly Hill

no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Tapas Tuesday at Holly Hill

by Beth K. » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:22 am

Some friends and I went to the Holly Hill Inn last night for their Tapas Tuesday. “Holy Crap Wow!” is about all that I can manage to get out of my mouth about it. We had so many delicious dishes, I can’t even recall them all. Roast squib; sautéed calamari; roasted and spiced pumpkin; fried almonds; spicy melon and country ham; Cuban pork with chimichurri; mozzarella salad with roast peppers, fresh pesto and marinated onion; wahoo in a citrus marinade. The list goes on, not even to mention deserts. Obviously, my memory does not give justice to the description and ingredients of the dishes, but suffice it to say that this is well worth the trip. There wasn’t a dish that was placed on our table that didn’t elicit moans of happiness from us. Total bill for 7 very full tummies, including 2 bottles of wine was less than $200! I highly, highly recommend going. This was the first time I had ever had the pleasure of going to Holly Hill, but I will definitely be back. Their dinner menu is extremely reasonable too - $35 - $50 for a three course meal with additional courses only $5 each. With a long list of local and organic ingredients, its amazing they can have such reasonable prices, but they do. I was very happy and greatly impressed!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:33 pm

Ouita and Chris do an incredible job (and great people too.) Holly Hill Inn is one of our all-time favorite places, but we haven't been there for the Tapas yet: wonderful to have another excuse to go there!

Deb