Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Shiraz for lunch today

no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Shiraz for lunch today

by Kurt R. » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:42 pm

A group of us went to Shiraz for lunch today and it was fantastic. Decor was clean, staff was well versed on the menu willing and able to answer questions. I had the beef shish kabob and my guests both had the chicken shish kabob. We started with an appetizer of hummus that was great! Our entrees even came with a bonus of a bread with rice on top. the owner told us they have something similar daily that they give away with the entrees until it is all gone.
This is a quick service restaurant but the food is the quality of any full service Mediterranean restaurant. This is a great place to go for a good quality reasonably priced Mediterranean meal. They are opening a second location at Holiday Manor shopping center in early November. If you haven't been, go. If you have been, go back.
Enjoy!
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:45 pm

Even though it's closer to me on Frankfort, seems like I made the trip down there more when it was on Brownsboro! :shock:

I really like their lentils/rice/dates...a great light supper. I've been very pleased with anything I've ever had there.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:48 am

It's been a long-time favorite of ours also!
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:57 am

The Shiraz Eggplant is a must have. Anything I've ever tried has been delightful and the staff are so helpful! I am counting the days to the Holiday Manor opening.
no avatar
User

David B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:38 am

by David B » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:29 pm

I love Shiraz, the wife and I are in there a few times a week.
no avatar
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Their quinoa is incredible as well...
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

by SheilaB » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:05 pm

I love shiraz when it opened - they served all their dishes with incredible warm and chewy freshly made "flat" bread which I adored. The last few visits I have been disappointed to see it replaced with store bought pita. I was told the homemade bread would be back - has anyone seen/heard about this? I haven't been back in a couple of months - I'm waiting for the bread to return - although I concur that the eggplant is quite tasty.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 am

They must be back to the homemade thin flat bread- it's the only bread I've ever recieved there- and I ate there just last week.
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

by Eliza W » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm

I was in Holiday Manor today, and I noticed that oven, counter, and chairs were in. It's still pretty rough looking inside, but coming along.

Any word on the time frame?
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:41 am

My understanding is Monday
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kevin Graves » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Me and the lady ate lunch there today and it was very good. Their lavish was fresh and their hummus is the best I have had in the city. This place is definitely going in the rotation.
Kevin J. Graves