Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Stans make a de-lich fish plate

by Leah S » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:43 am

Well wedding season has definitely started. Started at 6:30 a.m. with cakes and a chocolate fountain gig. When I was done at 8:00 p.m. and needing some food fast, we found ourselves in St. Matthews and decided to stop into Stans since we were craving some good fish.

The fish is obviously cooked after the order is placed, since it was volcano hot on the inside, and impeccibly fresh. Also grease free, so someone definitely knows how to use the fryer. Coleslaw with a bit of zing and fries on the side, as grease-free as the fish. Waaay generous portions.

And now a new week to do it all again. Thanks Stans. You were just what we needed last night.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Stans make a de-lich fish plate

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:47 am

Leah s wrote:Thanks Stans. You were just what we needed last night.

Stan does it right! Those guys know their fish, and they treat it with respect. The fish sandwich, I'm told, is fresh cod.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

fish

by Linda C » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:31 pm

They also are very reasonable for the quality of food and they do lots for the community!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm not familiar with their good works in the community. Please tell us.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:52 pm

I don't really prefer their fish, (brought up on Linnig's) I do like their organic beef. Tough to find organic burgers in this town and they have a tasty one. The only drawback is that it is very lean. Of course that is referring to taste, feed it more corn! ha!
Last edited by John R. on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

charity

by Linda C » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:16 pm

Leah...a few years ago, I approached them when producing an album to benefit The Healing Place. The Gentiles were very gracious and donated dinners for door prizes. They also were very involved with the Leukemia Society in support of a dear friend. Stan was one of the first to shave his head. Maybe we need to start a new thread about generous restaurant owners...there are many! btw....Ben Rogers at Jim Porter's/ Phoenix Hill is one of the most generous people I have ever known. He helped me with every aspect of the project and never said "no" to anything!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Stans make a de-lich fish plate

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:30 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Stan does it right! Those guys know their fish, and they treat it with respect. The fish sandwich, I'm told, is fresh cod.

I really need to get down to Stan's. Last Friday I had a fried cod dinner from the Fincastle Deli just down the street and it was great. The fries were grease free and the cod was fresh, moist and super hot, just like Stan's. I didn't want the bread and slaw that came with the dinner so the cook threw in 2 extra pieces of cod for me. How cool was that? I love me some good fried fish. :wink:
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.