Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mojito Baby Friendly???

no avatar
User

Jennifer Kavanagh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:34 am

Mojito Baby Friendly???

by Jennifer Kavanagh » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:27 pm

We have yet to try out Mojito's, and was wondering if it is very baby friendly? Our 10 month old can be a little on the loud side sometimes, and I would hate to disturb anyones dinner. Any insight would help.

Thanks!!!!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:34 pm

Jennifer,

As the mom of a now 3.5 year old and a teen, here are my thoughts:

Mojito and their staff is very baby/toddler-friendly and there have been little ones there several times I've been there for lunch. Atmosphere is casual enough too, unlike going to say Volare or Seviche, and it tends to be a little noisy which is good.

BUT, the table are very, very close together (particularly now that the patio is- I assume- closed ). Personally, I'd be worried about bothering the other patrons at dinner - it's a little fancier and more "adult" then, and there is no way to get some privacy from/for your little one. I'd not hesitate to go at lunch or for Brunch though. The food is fantastic!

Deb
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:42 pm

Lunch time is an excellent suggestion from Deb, Jennifer. Everyone at Mojito is very friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to bring the whole family then. It has a much more laid back style at lunch (dinner has great style too, but mellows into a more adult atmosphere.) You won't be disappointed either way.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Mojito

by Fernando Martinez » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:45 pm

Jennifer:

My wife and I we both work crazy hours, sometimes I only have one day a week off so when I'm off I never cook at home and normally go out to eat and because it is the only time I have to be with my kids. I take them to fine dining places and casual places, so I understand how it's, that’s why both of our restaurants are kid friendly Havana Rumba and Mojito. You can come to Mojito with your baby and we will make sure that you feel welcome and have a good time. Fernando Martinez/ Mojito Chef Owner.
no avatar
User

Jennifer Kavanagh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:34 am

by Jennifer Kavanagh » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Thank you everyone for the feedback! We did end up going to Mojito for dinner and it was outstanding!!!!! We sat out on the patio, and I felt very confident that we didn't disturb any other diners.

Fernando,
My husband and I have always been impressed by the food at Havana Rumba, but the food at Mojito's left us speechless! :D :D :D Be sure to thank your employees for making us feel so welcome in your restaurant!
no avatar
User

Staci O.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:09 pm

by Staci O. » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:08 am

Jennifer, my husband and I were at Mojito last night and we sat on the patio too. I'm pretty sure I was sitting at the table right in front of you because your really cute baby kept making eyes at me. I heard you tell the waiter she was 10 months old. Anyway, rest assured we didn't even hear a sound from her. Were you there from around 6 - 7?

It was our first time at Mojito and we too were blown away and can't wait to go back to try more menu items.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Mojito

by Fernando Martinez » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Thank you Jennifer and Staci, I'm glad that you had a good time and enjoyed the food and service, we are lucky for having the staff that we have and I will let them know. Fernando.