Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Buffet at Sala Thai

no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Buffet at Sala Thai

by Deb Hall » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:22 pm

I had lunch with a friend today downtown at Sala Thai, and I can't say enough about the food and the value. The variety was spectacular, especially for the money, and everything was great tasting, hot and fresh. There was a good range in the level of spiciness on the selections, so it works well for even folks who are timid about "spicy Thai Food" For only $ 5.99 for the buffet, I think it's the best tasting and lunch deal downtown!

Deb
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Sala tai

by James Natsis » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:25 pm

I didn't know there was a Sala Thai buffet downtown. How long has it been there and where is it located?
Thanks
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sala tai

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:58 am

James Natsis wrote:I didn't know there was a Sala Thai buffet downtown. How long has it been there and where is it located?
Thanks

It was mentioned in another thread back in September but didn't get a lot of attention:

"They [Sala Thai] also have a second location downtown on Main that makes a great lunch spot.. The family took over the City Wok Buffet across the street from Jarfi's and reopened it as Sala Thai's City Wok. The Thai buffet is pretty good. It's buffet only during lunch and a dinner menu is available after 3, I think."
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 pm

James,

It's on Main between 6th and 7th. Very close to Humana HQ building, National City Building, across the street from KCA, etc in that section of town.

Deb
no avatar
User

Leah Newton

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Louisville

Re: Buffet at Sala Thai

by Leah Newton » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:58 pm

They also do a great job stocking the buffet with both meat and vegetarian items daily.

AND: they do a buffet to go for those who just want to pick up a quick bite on a short lunch break. It's the same price as the normal buffet and well worth it! :D
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

Dinner "Buffet"

by Deb Hall » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Tip: For the buffet to go, they give you a large styrofoam 3 compartment container. One day, I'm going to go over at lunch, just to get the buffet to go, and save it to reheat for us for dinner- the one or two entrees plus rice that you'll get should serve two easily.

Yum- great Thai almost immediately after you walk in the door...
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Sala Thai Buffet

by James Natsis » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:55 pm

I finally had a chance to check out Sala Thai buffet on Main St. I agree with a few others who wrote earlier that you can't beat it for the money. In fact, I found it to be an outstanding find for a quick, inexpensive, but tasty lunch. The selection of dishes (including vegetarian) was ample, and there was a good salad dressing selection ranging from ginger to peanuts to spicy. The soup was also good. What a nice alternative to the ever predictable, and somewhat tasteless, chinese buffets.
James J. Natsis