Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Velocity enjoys Irish Rover, tips well

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity enjoys Irish Rover, tips well

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 am

Velocity's Lisa Hornung goes to the Irish Rover this week and writes a friendly review of three dishes. Racking up a bill under $20, she has plenty of budget left in her "2 for $30" concept to leave a decent (21 percent) tip. Good work!

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071024/VELOCITY01/710240556/1065]<B>2 for $30</b>
Bang and mash your way to the Irish Rover[/url]

<b>The Irish Rover</b>
2619 Frankfort Ave.
899-3544
http://theirishroverky.com
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:58 am

There's probably no point in my saying this, since I know that we're talking about Velocity and everything, but why have someone write a restaurant review who can't come up with better descriptions than "definitely tasty" and "pretty good"? I'll freely admit that my palate is in the nascent stages of its development and that while I can of course tell if I like something, I can't necessarily tell why, or whether or not something was "properly" prepared. But I also don't write restaurants reviews!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:03 am

Erin Riedel wrote:There's probably no point in my saying this, since I know that we're talking about Velocity and everything, but why have someone write a restaurant review who can't come up with better descriptions than "definitely tasty" and "pretty good"? I'll freely admit that my palate is in the nascent stages of its development and that while I can of course tell if I like something, I can't necessarily tell why, or whether or not something was "properly" prepared. But I also don't write restaurants reviews!

Don't sell yourself short ... ;)