Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

Re: The Chocolate Martini Bar

by Alan H » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:56 am

Ned A wrote: I know the Kiona is carried by Republic and is a fair price as I said, they also make a great red blend if you ever get the chance to try. Inniskillin is SWS, and I think Jackson Triggs is too.

Thanks Ned,
I spoke to SWS about the product a few months ago, but you know how it is usually the delivery drivers have more info on what is selling than not... :)
BTW, I hear nothing but good things about Napa River, great job !
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
User

Beth Thorpe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Highlands

by Beth Thorpe » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:56 am

Antonia L wrote:
Rich S wrote:sexy concept with a casual family friendly menu.

Right off the bat, it sounds a little odd. The juxtaposition alone.

Whoever does their branding is really, really odd. Weird. Do you want families? Do you want people on dates? I guess they want everyone!! Just this sentence counts this place out for me. Sounds strange. There are plenty of places for me to try that have completely local roots for dessert, I am sure. By the way, anyone want to offer up any favorites for good desserts?
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Beth Thorpe wrote: By the way, anyone want to offer up any favorites for good desserts?

Sweet Surrender. They do some really neat stuff.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Antonia L wrote:
Beth Thorpe wrote: By the way, anyone want to offer up any favorites for good desserts?

Sweet Surrender. They do some really neat stuff.

Ditto that. Also Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen and Cake Flour.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:51 pm

It seems like it's taken forever, but the Chocolate Martini Bar now hopes to open by the end of March, according to its Facebook page. I guess that's good news for anyone who's been craving a Raspberry Truffle Martini.

https://www.facebook.com/TheChocolateBarLouisville
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Ned A wrote:Alan,
We do okay with the ice wine, but not great, which is why I only pour one now. When I first started at Napa we actually had 3. We sell just enough for the bottles to never go bad, but not enough for me to ever order more than one at a time. If youre interested, I know the Kiona is carried by Republic and is a fair price as I said, they also make a great red blend if you ever get the chance to try. Inniskillin is SWS, and I think Jackson Triggs is too. If you have a KY Beverage Journal they should all be in there. I would definitely start with the Kiona though if you are unsure how well it will sell.
To get back on the original topic, I was sort of surprised how big their menu actually is. That is not a very big building over there, and would seem ill suited for storing and putting out that much product.

If I remember, Jackson Triggs & Inniskillin are sister wineries, with the same owner. I think they are both from the Niagara-on-the-Lake region of Ontario, a GREAT place for theater (annual Shaw festival), food, wineries, and B&B's. Very expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm

The Chocolate Martini Bar is opening Thursday, May 2. I wish them luck, but I don't think I'd want to open a restaurant two days before Derby.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:42 pm

I hate to say it, but does anyone really care anymore?.......
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 am

Ouch Deb!!! That's a little harsh!!
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am

David Lange wrote:Ouch Deb!!! That's a little harsh!!

David,

Sorry- Not trying to offend- just making a professional (Marketing) observation. Timing is everything with PR. Unfortunately they had our/ Louisville's attention almost 1 1/2 years ago when it was announced publicly, but the long delay results in everyone forgetting about this place. I live not far away and have had multiple friends ask over time " Is it open yet? ", but that interest died down. To me my post was just a warning to others to carefully consider when to go public with a new place- PR is alot about momentum.

With how buzzing Westport Village is now, that may not be that much of an issue for them. I wish them success and will spread the word that they are now opening.

Deb
Last edited by Deb Hall on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 pm

I think you are confusing the community that is this website with the community in general.. We make up a very small fraction of the overall dining community in louisville.

Best of luck to you. Interesting concept and branding. We will check it out..
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 am

Eric Hall wrote:I think you are confusing the community that is this website with the community in general.. We make up a very small fraction of the overall dining community in louisville.

Best of luck to you. Interesting concept and branding. We will check it out..

Cool.

Who's thier Chef? Thier Mixologist? Thier Sommelier?

They should do fine- it's not really something we need to debating here. It's like you said, this isn't our realm.

Truthfully, it's not without it's charms. If they do well, maybe they inspire someone to take a chance on something more creative. I'm good with that.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Big drink.JPG
Big drink.JPG (30.51 KiB) Viewed 5636 times
High end.JPG
High end.JPG (39.02 KiB) Viewed 5636 times

We were first introduced to this chain on a vacation to Cleveland. We didn't know it was a chain when we went in Cleveland, but found out later.

We were far from impressed with our first trip a few years ago and tonight was no different. We went for dessert only.

Mediocre to horrible is the best way I can describe the place. If any of the desserts are made in house I'd be greatly surprised. Our order came out in about 45 seconds and tasted like it had about the same amount of time put into making it.

The service was ok/mediocre and the atmosphere is lacking.

Nothing to see here other than the outrageous prices.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 am

35 oz martini!!?? Gah!!!
Previous