Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dinner at Crespos? Taylorsville

no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

Dinner at Crespos? Taylorsville

by John Hagan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:57 am

In a recent post about Cattelman's in Shelbyville it was noted that there were no places to eat in Taylorsville. I was wondering if anybody has checked out Dinner at Crespos Elk Creek/Taylorsville area. I was told that the chef/owner fled Ferd Grisanti's to open up here. The venue seems strange, in the same building as a convenience store. Also I would question the dry county issue. Although I have heard from a couple of my customers that they had some very good steaks there, have not heard much else. Any more info?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 am

Have no idea where that one is located....
no avatar
User

Nancy Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:37 am

The Country

by Nancy Inman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:52 pm

As John said it is in the Elk Creek Grocery, which is more an eating place, with a rather decent steam table plate lunch and breakfast menu. In the evening Manuel Crespo, who has lived in Spencer Co. for some time, uses their kitchen and the north end of the dining room. I have not had a steak, but have enjoyed the Chicken Piccata and the Scampi Verona. The steaks come in 8 or 12 oz. portions. One steak is just grilled and there are four different sauces to season the others. I didn't care for the marinara sauce, but the lasagna is quite good. I live close and get our food "to go". The last time I was waiting for supper "to go" 3 groups of 2 or 3 came in to eat. By taking it home I can have wine with a great meal. They are closed on Sunday and Monday. Phone 502-477-1346. 10.5 miles +/- from I-264 at Taylorsville Rd (KY155) down the hill to the light, turn right onto Taylorsville Lake Rd. Once you meet another stop light it is just ahead at the top of the hill, on the right
Nancy Inman
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:27 pm

O.K. I have been there for lunch a while ago....Great burgers and I remember they had some great pies all homemade