Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Single cup coffee/tea machines ??

no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Single cup coffee/tea machines ??

by Casey J. » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:29 am

This is a bit off the subject, but I figure my fellow forumites may have insight. I own a Tassimo, that I love, and I need to buy a second coffee maker for my office. Does anyone have a Keurig, that could give me their opinion of the machine?
no avatar
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

Re: Single cup coffee/tea machines ??

by Chris M » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Casey J. wrote:This is a bit off the subject, but I figure my fellow forumites may have insight. I own a Tassimo, that I love, and I need to buy a second coffee maker for my office. Does anyone have a Keurig, that could give me their opinion of the machine?

I own one and like it very much. I think the coffee is better than the Tassimo, but of course that is subjective. There is a larger variety of K-cups than there are T-Discs. It doesn't have the thing that reads the bar code or whatever, but lets you select cup size and in some cases water temp for yourself.

Costco recently had a Keurig with 3 or so boxes of coffee and tea for something in the $129 range.

The machine is very easy to use and clean and I've had mine over a year with no problems.

Hope that helps.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:54 pm

Was at Costco today and they still have that machine available.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

Go for Keurig

by David Lange » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Casey-

My company uses both Keurig and Flavia, another one cup brewer and I would definitely reccommend the Keurig brewer. You will have a much better selection of coffees, tea and cocoa and also have a lot less mechanical problems with the brewer.

The one they sell at Cosco is a great home model and also a great value.

Enjoy
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

Carolyne Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am

Keurig

by Carolyne Davis » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:34 am

Our office obtained a Keurig through Aramark. It doesn't cost anything for the machine, just a $50 per month minimum for coffee and supplies. A 24 pack of the kcups runs from $12 - $14 depending on what coffe, tea or cocoa you buy. I work at an apartment community and the machine sits in the leasing office. It's use is for not only the staff, but residents and guests. EVRYONE absolutely LOVES the product!!!! I have no affilation with Aramark, but think highly of the staff and the service. Our contact's name is Jennie Peak and the number is 423.9700.
no avatar
User

barry.g

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:50 am

Keurig b60

by barry.g » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 am

I bought the Keurig b60 for hone use about 6 months ago and am very pleased with it.
always get that freash cup os coffee.
Keurig also has a adaptor for the k-cup system to use any coffee or tea you desire,this was abig factor in my purchase.
as the ship sink's I will be partying with the band