Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Best Chinese Buffet

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

China 8 Buffet

by Jenny H » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Anyone tried the new China 8 Buffet (I think that is what it is called) that is on Hurstbourne Lane near Walmart? I think it recently opened and was wondering the quality of the food.
no avatar
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Mom likes the one at Jeff Plaza, but I find that it has little to offer. The one by Big Lots in Clarksville is slightly better, although the service can be awful at times. The one if front of Sam's Club in Clarksville is too expensive for its worth. The Dynasty is a bit too far, and Mom didn't like it.

Actually, I think the best Chinese buffet on the Sunnyside is at Charlestown, where Dairy Queen used to be (just north of the intersection of state roads 3 & 403 on 3.. Other than the egg foo yung (which is the main reason I fool with the Clarksville one), the quality is much better than the others, and it is very reasonably priced. Relax at the state park, eat at the China buffet, adn that's not a bad day at all.
Have you hugged your penguin today?
no avatar
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

So it seems all are pretty awful

by Ned Weatherby » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:33 pm

I have to admin I am never really impressed with any of them as they all seem similar right down to the desserts. I guess there isn't a decent one in the bunch. The wife enjoyed the one over in the indian trail shopping center. Other than that one she has yet to find any worth the $7 or whatever it is.
Good Eats
no avatar
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

by Joe C » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:43 pm

I have been to the China 8 Buffet on Hurstbourne. Most of the entree's were on par with Chinatown, but a lot of seafood. Snow crab legs and lots of shrimp and some sushi. Some of the entree's had squid. The problem for me and my wife - she is vegetarian and there were few veggie choices besides salad. I don't like seafood - its a texture issue mostly. Tried it all, don't like it. I feel I am paying for all that shrimp and other seafood - around $11 per person. They didn't have the 2 tier system like they did for Chinatown - if you didn't want seafood, the price was lower.
Both of us felt there was no need to go back.
Dynasty Buffet on Lime Kiln was better.
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!
no avatar
User

JimmyShaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 am

by JimmyShaw » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:17 am

The China 8 buffet served whole fish and chicken feet (something a little different than the norm). I personally think #1 Asian Buffet in Mid-City is great. Don't get me wrong I love the August Moon Style Chinese to the Oriental House Style Chinese but nothing beats a good buffet.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

by christopher stockton » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:20 am

The chinese in the Mid city mall is hit or miss. It can be great. It's best to go when it's busy. Weekday lunches are well worth an under $7 lunch.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
Previous