Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Thanksgiving?

no avatar
User

JessJohnson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Thanksgiving?

by JessJohnson » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:06 pm

First time posting, but I check this forum a lot and respect the great opinions offered here! My husband and I will be remaining in Louisville this Thanksgiving, as it's two weeks before I'm due to have our first child. His parents will be coming down to celebrate with us, but I'm not going to be cooking. Does anyone have suggestions on a good spot for a Thanksgiving meal? I know that we are planning this awfully late, for reservations... Thanks!
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Earlier Thread on Subject

by Bill Veneman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 pm

http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/hot ... php?t=1765

For all the foodies, if you know of any new listings, post 'em if you got 'em! We're about 4 weeks out from Gobble 'til ya Wobble Day.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:10 am

Jess, is it out of the question for you to have someone else fix your meal and you pick it up and serve it at home? If not, give me a call and I'll be glad to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for you. My favorite holiday and I have some great recipes for this one. I feed my family and friends every year at the restaurant and don't mind at all fixing your dinner for 4 more. You can give me a call at 540-9975 if you are interested. If not, good luck and happy holidays!
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

JessJohnson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm

by JessJohnson » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:31 am

What a sweet offer! Thank you very much, and I really appreciate that thought. This weekend, though, we went ahead and made reservations at the Brown. Still, I'm very touched for you to offer that. Louisville is a town filled with wonderful people!