Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Please Join the Wife and I for a night out on March 24th

by Ned Weatherby » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:05 am

Well Guest Chef time has come again for the wife and I and I invite all of you to attend and critique our dinner. It will be a four course meal for 24.95 per person with seatings at 6 and 8 Saturday March 24th. Details can be found here

http://normajeanstrackside.com/newsletter.html

Appetizer
Spicy Black Bean Cakes

Salad
Mediterranean Salad

Entree Choice of
White Chicken Lasagna
or
Feta, Spinach Stuffed Pork Loin

Dessert
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake

Call 222-8044 for reservations

I look forward to seeing some of the you all there
Good Eats
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:08 am

Sounds great, Ned, and I really need to get out to Norma Jean's anyway.

As it happens, though, I'm going to be in Italy (the real one) eating real Italian food that week, so it would be kind of tough to get back to LaGrange for the evening ...
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

LaGrange

okay

by Ned Weatherby » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:13 am

Well Robin I accept this excuse :wink: Although I think you could board a private jet back for the cheesecake. Have some pizza for me :wink:
Good Eats
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: okay

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:47 am

Ned Weatherby wrote:Have some pizza for me :wink:

Don't mind if I do!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

ITALY!!!!

by Kim H » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:25 pm

Where in Italy, Robin??? I am sooooooo jealous. My goal in life is to eat my way around the world!!!!! For REAL :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: ITALY!!!!

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Kim H wrote:Where in Italy, Robin??? I am sooooooo jealous. My goal in life is to eat my way around the world!!!!! For REAL :D

Kim, on this trip I'll be in and around Verona, mostly, in the Veneto region between Venice and Lake Garda. The giant annual wine expo Vinitaly is there, and as one of the judges for the national competition, I'll be on a panel picking the medal winners (from entries from all over Italy) for the show. That will take up the first five or six days. Then the judges will hit the road on a tour of wineries in the Veneto and nearby Lombardy for a few days, and back to Verona for the Vinitaly expo itself, where just about all the nation's wineries will be pouring samples in booths in a series of giant halls.

If time permits, I may also get to spend a couple of days working in the kitchen of a neat restaurant up in the Valpolicella hills north of Verona. I hope I can work that out, as I really like to keep my hands-on cooking chops at least halfway in practice, and of course working in a restaurant kitchen is a whole nother story from doing it at home.

In any event, I do hope to eat and drink well. :)

I'll only have a dialup connection, but will check in on the forum as often as I can.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

veg

by Linda C » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Why not offer a vegetarian entree as well?
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

LaGrange

Vegetarian

by Ned Weatherby » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:03 pm

I guess the main reason I don't have a vegetarian entree is I really don't have any great recipes. I really need to try a few new vegan entrees
Good Eats
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

LaGrange

Any more takers

by Ned Weatherby » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Okay I am still calling all forumites to come out and eat some good food. Please call NJ's at 222-8044 and come join us. I really would like a decent turnout for this unusual opportunity for something different
Good Eats
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Boy, I wish....

by Suzi Bernert » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:02 pm

It is too perfect, my weekend off, weather looks to be nice, except..I am sidelined with a pinched nerve and cannot walk or even stand real well yet. Ah, gee, I shall think of you while you enjoy that repast.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

pain

by Heather Y » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:21 pm

Hey Suzie,
Sorry to hear about your pinched nerve! Is there something that I can do to help. Errands, food, appointments?

If I hear that someone is in pain.. I cannot just do nothing, I have to respond. Please let me know if I can help you.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

vegetarian

by Heather Y » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:33 pm

Ned, vegan and vegetarian are different. vegans would not eat anything with a face. Vegetarians do not eat meat, but do eat the cheese that comes from the milk of cows. That said, you would not necessarily need any special recipes to accomodate vegetarians for your 4 course dinner.

Make a seperate batch of lasagna, just make it a veggie lasagna to make it interesting and yummy, and that way you have something for your vegetarian guests. With the amount of meat that you have on your menu.... I do not think vegans would choose NJ's for dinner. Vegetarians will but not vegans.

Good luck!
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Heather - Thanks for the kind offer

by Suzi Bernert » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:38 am

We are managing OK, hubby works at Fresh Market so food is not a problem. Son helps me take care of stuff at home. Actually getting better, it's progressed from extremely painful to pins and needles alternating with numb. We need to video tape my funny gait, I usually walk fast and now I look like a stumbling drunk, dragging my left leg. If I try to stand still, I start to list to the left. Getting an MRI and have appt with neurologist to check for bulging discs, bone spurs. Most of these resolve themselves with time, just we don't know how long.

I know what you mean about wanting to help - thats why I have been in EMS for 29 years!

It may be a blessing, I am catching up on my writing, my taxes and reading through a pile of books and magazines I did not have time for.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

LaGrange

Get well

by Ned Weatherby » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:53 pm

Wow sounds horrible I hope you get better soon.
Good Eats
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

LaGrange

Also will be a limited menu and kids menu

by Ned Weatherby » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:17 am

The kids menu will also be available as well as a couple of other entrees. I do not know exactly which other items will be available so please call tomorrow as Chef Rick will be deciding on the other entrees for those who do not want 4 courses. Thanks for all the support
Good Eats