Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Zoup! soup cafe opening downtown

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Zoup! soup cafe opening downtown

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Is 318 S. Fourth St. in Fourth Street Live? I'm thinking so ...

Unedited press release:

Zoup! Fresh Soup Company to Open its Doors in Louisville
Fast-casual restaurant looks to continue feeding appetites
in the local market with a hundred award-winning soups

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – Powered by strong marketplace demand for healthy dining options, variety and convenience, Zoup! Fresh Soup Company franchisees Paul and Rachelle Gilles recently signed a lease to open the first Zoup! restaurant in the Louisville area. The new restaurant will be located at 318 S. 4th Street and will be opening in March 2012.

Already the hottest soup spot in Detroit, Mich., and a regional favorite throughout the Midwest and the Northeastern United States with 40 restaurants in nine states, Zoup! is increasing its presence in Louisville as part of an aggressive local and international growth plan to expand its unique concept and menu.

“We are excited to bring the Zoup! brand and culture to the Louisville area,” said Paul Gilles, co-owner of Zoup! Louisville. “Zoup! is a unique concept and we look forward to offering local residents our soups and delicious sandwiches and salads.”

Zoup! features a hundred varieties of award-winning soup with 12 recipes rotating daily, including at least one low-fat, vegetarian, dairy-free and spicy recipe. Using nothing but the finest and natural ingredients, Zoup! plans to serve up traditional favorites like Chicken Pot Pie and Lobster Bisque in addition to more unique soups like Mulligatawny, Cheeseburger Royale and Ginger Butternut Squash. Each order is served with a hunk of fresh baked bread. The menu also includes made-to-order salads and sandwiches.

“In good times and bad, soup carries powerful and intangible qualities that provide comfort and promote a genuine sense of well-being for many people,” said Eric Ersher, Founder and Managing Partner of Zoup!. “We look forward to growing our brand and feeding the local appetite with one-of-a-kind soup creations consumers love, but wouldn’t make at home.”

In addition to its unique and diverse menu, Zoup! prides itself in the way the company treats customers and franchise owners. Every detail from the food to the physical restaurant has a specific feel, language and experience that is the result of what they call Zoup!isms, a set of guiding principles that form the basis of Zoup!’s operating philosophy.

“Zoup!isms provide a framework for decision-making and provide a strong brand image,” Ersher explains. “They also dictate the brand’s uncompromisingly high standards, which guarantee the authenticity and quality of every pot, bowl and cup served.”

For more information, please visit www.zoup.com.

About Zoup!
Founded in 1998, Zoup! is the leading fast-casual soup concept restaurant that is defining the category with its premium and proprietary soups and other recipes. A dining experience that features 12 always-rotating soup varieties each day in an environment that focuses on comfort, satisfaction and convenience, Zoup! has grown its network of franchises to 40 restaurants throughout the District of Columbia, Colorado, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, , Connecticut, Massachusetts, Illinois, Kentucky and Canada. For more information, visit www.zoup.com or www.zoupfranchise.com.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: Zoup! soup cafe opening downtown

by Jackie R. » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:15 am

Oh my lord, my blood pressure is already rising. If I were to open a food business that defines me, this would be it. I hope they have Zoup cards for frequent buyers.

Btw, I have a habit of drinking soup like a cup of tea.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:13 am

Apparently Zoup has a location in Carmel, north of Indianapolis. I checked out their soup menu, and it sounds interesting: chicken and dumplings, Mexican chicken, crab bisque, ginger butternut squash and a bunch more.

http://www.zoup.com/Menu.aspx?LocationKey=63

The website also says this, which seems like a good idea: "To help customers select from the soups offered each day, Zoup! encourages sampling."
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:01 am

Zoupisms?? Ah come on- just serve great soups and don't subject us to your witticisms....
Deb
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 am

Rich S wrote:: "To help customers select from the soups offered each day, Zoup! encourages sampling."

What, no Soup Tablet™?
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 am

Bill P wrote:
Rich S wrote:: "To help customers select from the soups offered each day, Zoup! encourages sampling."

What, no Soup Tablet™?

No zoup for you!
no avatar
User

Kari L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by Kari L » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Zoup is great -- we ate there several times on our visit to Evansville this year because they offered so many choices. I'm so glad to hear they are coming to Louisville...and I'm pretty sure they have a punchcard of some sort. ;)
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm

I think it may be in the building just north of 4SL that has Qdoba and the new Potbelly's in it. There's a good bit more space on the southeast corner of the building (nearest 4SL) that is currently being renovated. Think that's where the new Smashburger is going in, too.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Bill P wrote:

What, no Soup Tablet™?

Ya dah man. :lol:
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio