Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche on Goose Creek

no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Seviche on Goose Creek

by Melissa S » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Drove by the new location today and was very impressed by the exterior renovations on the former Hungry Pelican building. It really looks great with a new tile roof, new paint and stone on the buliding, and landscaping. I live nearby off Goose Creek Rd. (near Hwy.22) and always thought that building was an eyesore. Looking forward to their opening..my husband and I are big Seviche fans (love the crab cigar, guacamole, seviche....).
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Pre-opening

by Doug W » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:47 pm

I went to the pre-opening tonight with my wife and some friends...

WOW!!

Everything was fantastic! Chef Anthony has really opened the place up - I liked the Cutting Board but the place seems much more open now. When the outside area is open it will be a great place to hang out and enjoy some wonderful food. I had so many samples it is hard to remember them all - the Ahi Tuni was as great as always, the salmon was wonderful, the chicken on skewers was juicy and nicely spicy, everything was very good. My wife had the short ribs and they were very tasty ad went quite well with the rice and roasted peppers that accompanied them.

While I saw Chef Lamas I did not get a chance to say hello - he was quite busy with cooking as well as making the rounds. I did get a chance to say hello to our forum host, which was nice too.

I think Seviche will do quite well and I am so glad to have a great place to eat and socialize so close to home. The storms forced us home to the kids, but we had a great time and will be back often.

Welcome to the neighborhood Chef Lamas!!

Cheers,

Doug Winkelhake
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Pre-opening

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:12 pm

Doug W wrote:Everything was fantastic!

We sneaked in to, as you know, Doug (it was nice meeting you!) and really enjoyed a few tastes and the opportunity to check out the scene. We blew out in a hurry, though, when we heard that Crescent Hill had blown away. :shock:

As it turned out, all's well, but I'll be a lot happier when all these storm lines pass through our area.
no avatar
User

Terry Cook

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 am

Louisville; East End

Pre-opening Thursday

by Terry Cook » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:22 pm

Incredible....I could not be happier! Once again, I welcome Chef Anthony Lamas to the East End.

My wife and I made it out to the pre-opening tonight too. Wonderful. We were expecting good food and a good atmosphere, along with some opening night jitters. However, what we experienced well exceeded expectations.

We had guacamole, incredibly fresh mixed table side, spicy chicken empanadas (very happy this is a carry-over menu item), and last but certainly not least a fresh, bright and flavorful tasting of three seviches; Hamachi Yellow Tail Tiradito (wow!), Chino-Latino Tuna and a third that, because of the bourbons after dinner definitely not the taste, I cannot remember. It was Hawaiian ........, maybe someone can help me out here. :)

I have been waiting patiently for the day that I can post up to their beautiful seviche bar for happy hour to enjoy some of the most artfully prepared fish and seafood in town, all the while knocking back a cold BBC beer after a long day at work. That day is almost here. The east end just got bearable.

Bravo to everyone involved. We thank you!

Terry Cook
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:42 pm

I concur. I was lucky enough to have to "work" this evening and hang out at Seviche for the soft opening.

They really opened the place up with the new windows and mirrored wall. The new decor is soothing with its shades of blues, greens, and slate.

What stood out to me most was the pleasant attitude of every employee I saw. Just when I was about to mention it, my colleague beat me to the punch and said how impressed she was with the staff and their positivity. It seemed like everyone was happy to be doing exactly what they were at the moment. They walked around with genuine smiles on their faces and were kind and friendly to all.

Now for the food... I had a pear and spinach salad, with lovely little clumps of Capriole Farms goat cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette of some sort. It had the perfect proportion of tangy balsamic, sweet strawberries, sliced pears, and baby spinach. I also tried one of the tiger shrimp appetizers. It was zesty lemon garlic tiger shrimp over polenta cakes. Both the shrimp and polenta cakes were cooked to perfection. I had a bite of the calf's liver appetizer, which was served over lima beans with blue cheese and a demi glace. I've never had calf's liver, so it was quite an experience. I'm still not sure I love it because of the texture, but it was definitely well prepared. The brie appetizer had a nice kick of habanero, which was an excellent addition to an already delicious bite.

All in all, I think this location will definitely uphold the reputation Anthony has created for himself at Seviche Restaurant. Congratulations to all the staff on a successful soft opening night.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

We sneaked in to, as you know, Doug (it was nice meeting you!) and really enjoyed a few tastes and the opportunity to check out the scene. We blew out in a hurry, though, when we heard that Crescent Hill had blown away. :shock:

As it turned out, all's well, but I'll be a lot happier when all these storm lines pass through our area.

I'm glad to hear you got home safely, I know you were worried. It was interesting coming home down Zorn, I must say.

It was a pleasure to finally meet you and your wife.
no avatar
User

SueBH

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:01 pm

number for new seviche

by SueBH » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:54 am

trying to find a phone number or contact info to make a reservation at the new seviche on goose creek...does anyone have it?
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: number for new seviche

by GaryF » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 am

SueBH wrote:trying to find a phone number or contact info to make a reservation at the new seviche on goose creek...does anyone have it?

Sue, the phone is 425-1000.
no avatar
User

Stacy Roof

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Louisville, KY

What a beautiful space!

by Stacy Roof » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:17 am

The atmosphere, food and people were all wonderful last night. I'm happy to have Seviche in my neighborhood! Thank you Anthony and team!
Stacy Roof
no avatar
User

SueBH

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Thank you!

by SueBH » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:32 am

Thank you!!!
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:40 am

Robin Garr wrote:

you did a pretty good job sneaking in the front door Robin. :wink:

I was good to see a lot of familiar faces out last night, and i do agree, the entire staff had this 'glow' about them...
i don't think i've seen so much opening night excitement from the entire staff.

Kudos go to Anthony, Jack and Eric for overseeing the amazing bocaditos and all other food that went out last night. (i literally just stood at the seviche bar for a half hour with a huge grin on my face, watching these guys pump up tons of incredible food.)

I saw the interior some months ago, before any construction and build-out happened... i also saw it again this monday.

the transformation from those two points in time, and from monday to last night? wow.

the place looks steller and so much more bright and inviting than before.

A night well done.
Thank you to Anthony and his entire staff.

Wonderful times with great food and even better friends.
(hell, we had almost all the 'misfit chefs' under one roof last night! :lol:)
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Congratulations Anthony!

From all the wonderful things said here, I find myself wanting to go try your new location even though I live within walking distance of the original... which is my unabashed favorite Louisville restaurant.

Don't forget to relax a little and enjoy the moment with Samantha and Ethan Diego. :D
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words!
We had a tremendous opening weekend... here are some pics from Thursday night's soft opening. I tried to include a few with known forumites... enjoy!

Image Image Image Image ImageImage
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:17 pm

wow.
there's the back of my head! :lol:
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 pm

That space was a Hungry Pelican??? Wow..............looks good.
Next